𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

-Ashanti-

I woke up way before my alarm clock and couldn't go to sleep. I still had 4 hours until production started for the day. And as usual, the first thing I thought of was Jermaine.

I remembered that I have his address because I made him give me his jokingly when I sent mine. I got up and got ready before I changed my mind on what I was going to do.

I drove to the address and my mouth dropped open when I saw his house. It was gorgeous. Suddenly my stomach rumbled and my moment of fearlessness was fading. No way I really pulled up to this man's house. But, I'd come this far so I might as well go through with it.

Right?

I approached his door wearily and pressed the oversized doorbell. It rang extremely loud, I guess to reach the whole house because it was quite big.

I stood there for nearly two minutes and had already started to turn around when the door opened. Jermaine peeked his head out, squinting his eyes against the rising sun behind us.

"Ash? What are you doing here so early?" he grunted, opening the door fully once he recognized me. I open my mouth to respond but it instantly gets dry once I get a glimpse of his body.

Those chiseled abs damn near glow in the sunlight and his navy blue plaid pajama pants hang low on his waist. He rubs his hand over his head and drags it down his face as he waits for me to say something.

Thankfully, he doesn't register my admiration through his sleep-haze.

"I figured you would want to go out to breakfast."

He grabs his phone out of his pocket and briefly turns it on to check the time.

"It's 5 o'clock in the morning and you worrying me 'bout some breakfast?" He raises an eyebrow and scratches his chest lazily. I shoot him a smile and he chuckles.

"Girl come on." Shaking his head he turns around,  holding the door for me. I walk through the door and he closes it behind me. We walk around to his living room and both sit on the couch.

"Ain't nothing around here open yet, where was you tryna go?"

"Well I didn't know how long you would take to get ready, and I wanted us to have enough time before it hits 8 and we have to be on set." I say staring into my lap, barely making eye contact with him. I feel his gaze on me though.

"How come you're so shy this morning?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Well I've never seen you like... this." I gesture with my hand and finally look up at him.

"Like what, in my pjs?" He laughs and I roll my eyes.

"Ha ha. I mean just... in your own space. Not having to worry about being so professional."

"Uh huhh, which Jermaine do you prefer?"

"This one. Which Ashanti do you prefer?"

"Either/or." There is a silence as we smile at each other, then he gets up. "I'm gonna change and shit real quick. Don't run off."

I watch him jog up the long modern staircase and I shift so that I'm laying down on the couch. I couldn't have been lying there for more than 10 minutes when I heard his feet stomp back down.

"Someone got comfy, did I take too long?"

"I figured you would which is why I laid down, but I was clearly wrong. There's no way you got ready that fast, did you even brush your teeth?" I return the grin as he gives me his hand to help me up off the couch.