7. ʜɪꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʀᴇᴘᴇᴀᴛꜱ ɪᴛꜱᴇʟꜰ

Start from the beginning

"Where are they headed?"

They were silent.

The General grabbed one of their collars and lowered his voice

"Where are they headed?"

"H-Here.. General.."

It threw the man to the ground. "Waste of my time. I'm sure the boss will love to hear that the Resistance will be snooping around this place sooner or later. I'm sure he'll also love to hear that your squad let them get away, hm?"

"Wait! Sir, please..!" The other guard pleaded, lowering themself near their friend, who was still recovering from the throw.

"..I might let it slide if I cut off your breaks and you work on patrol full time until it's clear that the Resistance won't track their mud in this place. I don't want ANY street or alley unchecked. Am I understood?"

"Yes sir!" They both quickly responded and rushed off together, helping each other along. It watched them leave. The General's presence was so cold you could feel it from a mile away. That's what made them so threatening. It was even scary to imagine what their face looked like underneath that metal mask. The only thing anyone knew of their face is that a portion of it was cybernetic, which the hole in their mask displayed well.

Seemingly not phased by the whole ordeal, they started to lift off.

"Get back to work, all of you."

They all turned back around and seemingly sprinted off. The General flew back toward the capitol.

The trio could feel the unease in the air. It was horrid.

"Hate that guy.." Kenji mumbled to himself, letting out a deep breath. "_nala's second in command besides his Chosen.."

"I don't like the whole mask thing." DJ silently commented.

They hid until the streets cleared. Crickets started to chirp and lights slowly started to turn off in each house. Thankfully, with it being darker, they'd be less detectable. Kenji rushed them forward as they ran from alley to alley, making sure to dodge spotlights and guards. With how many guards were here now, it was increasingly difficult to get to the capitol.

With an insane amount of luck, they made it. _nala's flag flew high above the pure white building, which seemed to be crawling with guards.

"There it is.." Kenji whispered.

"And how many dumpsters did we have to hide in to get here?" Aidan was still brushing dirt off himself.

"I counted." DJ silently snickered. "6."

Aidan had to hold himself back from laughing. They were definitely not suited for stuff like this. Kenji shoved them both, telling them to shut up and duck. They quickly obliged, seeing people exit the front doors of the capitol.

"And so, _nala, you remain a night owl."

"Despite being the most free person in the world, it's hard to break habits. But really, I can't help it, quiet nights like this are always so beautiful, wouldn't you agree?"