the spider, the witch, and the wristband

After Kate explained her afternoon in a different dimension, Rose became obsessed with solving the mystery of the multiverse. She had taken the wristband that Kate forgot to give back to Lyla to her own lab to run diagnostics on it.

"It sounds like you should've been bitten by this spider, not me." Kate says, swinging her feet from the stool she's sitting on. "Apparently all spider-people are science geeks."

"Hey!" Rose shoots her sister a teasing glare, making Kate laugh. "You know I'd much rather spend my time here in the lab. The superhero look suits you better anyway."

Kate rolls her eyes. "The only reason I'm a superhero is because of you." She points.

"True, but if I can alter the biochemistry of a spider, which ended up giving you super powers, then I should be able to make one of those watches too." Rose turns her attention back to the wristband. "Also, I told you not to play with that spider because I was still researching what changes it's gone through."

"Yeah, yeah." Kate hopped off of the stool. "So what did you find?"

Rose smiles. "This technology is far more advanced than what I have access to."

"And you're smiling about that?" Kate raises an eyebrow.

"Don't you see how amazing that is! Alchemax has the best technology in the world and we can't even make something like this!" She begins. "Your friend, Miguel. Where is he from? Did he say where he got this equipment from?"

"First, he's not my friend, so let's get that one cleared up." Kate crosses her arms. "But no, he made everything himself. He said he was some sort of genetic scientist."

"Interesting." Rose hums. "Can I keep this?"

"What? No! I have to give it back the next time I see him." Kate says.

"Which will be when?" Rose asks.

Kate rolls her eyes. "I don't know, Rosie. Run your tests on it now and give it back."

Rose begins talking but Kate becomes distracted as her spidey-senses cause her skin to tingle. She quickly pulls her mask out of her pocket and covers her face before jumping out of the skyscraper's window and swinging through the city.

"Alright, see you at home I guess." Rose says to herself before continuing her study on the wristband.

Kate scans the streets below her as she swings, not worried about the fact that she's in civilians clothing and her mask. The hairs on the back of her neck stand as she spots a large building fire and she swings quicker, using her webs to shoot herself forward.

The bright green outfit and boots of the blonde woman stick out like a sore thumb as she levitates above the ground. Screams of the people on the ground echo off of the buildings around them and SilkWeb lands on the ground in front of the scene.

"It's always you Asgardians causing trouble." SilkWeb taunts the villain, buying time for the civilians to get to a safe distance. "What do you want, Enchantress?"

"Stupid little arachnid. Don't you know it's my birthright as an Asgardian goddess to rule over your puny race?" Enchantress declares. "The only way any of you midguardians listen is through violence."

She creates an sphere of magical energy between her hands and releases it onto another building, setting it ablaze. SilkWeb shoots a web at her hands to tie them together and Enchantress groans in frustration.

"You know, I find that people usually listen better when you use words instead of shooting fire at their homes." SilkWeb remarks as she swings around the evil sorceress. She shoots her webs around Enchantress to entrap her in a large, intricate web.