Chapter 1

~Part 1~

Part 1 of this story follows Zaniel and Seraphina being introduced and oversees the events leading up to their wedding. 

~Zaniel~

It took several tries for my brain to start working. Several tries too many; and it didn't help that whoever the fuck was banging on my door was only making my headache worse. The noise was in perfect sync with the pounding in my head. Too much whiskey. Beside me a very feminine and sleepy groan sounded. Surri. My longest lover at last. 

"Make it stop, Zaniel. Open the door, please." Surri whined beside me and her warm hand shook me. I dared open my eyes then and squinted against the sunlight that was blasting into the loft bedroom from the opened curtains. Hadn't I told her to close them last night?

I gritted my teeth and sat up in bed. I shouldn't be so surprised that I was irritated; Surri didn't listen to much of anything I said unless it was Open your mouth for my cock, or Turn over, I want your ass. You get the idea.

Whoever was at the door was still going at it with a vengeance. I glanced over at all that black hair strung along a blood red pillow and tan skin against my sheets before I got up and jumped over the railing. I landed perfectly on my bare feet, right beside the small dining table. Sure, I could have taken the stairs down like any other "normal"...demon, but I was more than ready to tear into who was rattling my fucking walls.

I almost ripped the front door from the hinges-literally- when I reached the door and yanked it open. Some of my irritation dissipated when I looked down at the old human who was on my doorstep. Anyone else wouldn't have been so lucky. "For fuck's sake, Larc. What is so important?" Larc was the family driver and my father's personal assistant.

"My apologies, Sir. Mistress Lillith has sent me to fetch you for lunch and to inform you that Arael Dagmos will arrive soon with his family." To show how sorry he was, or maybe it was to greet me as a superior, he bowed slightly. If Larc noticed that I was completely naked, he didn't let it bother him. After all, he had seen me in the throws of a rather filthy threesome a time or two.

"Thanks, Larc. Tell her I'll be up soon," I said and with one last bow, he turned and walked off of the small porch. After the door was closed back, I stood there and stared at the expensive, carved wood. Arael Dagmos. The reason I had gotten so fucked up last night. Also the reason Surri had shown up at my doorstep. She had spent the night marking me with her nails and her teeth-and I had let her.

Neither of us were exactly thrilled about me having an arranged marriage happen. If it had been anyone but Satan and God making that decision I would have told them to fuck off. You didn't tell Satan to fuck off and if you were a demon, you damn sure didn't tell God to fuck off.

Surri was standing at the bottom of the wooden staircase when I turned away from the door. She was wearing my black cotton t-shirt that she had stripped off of me last night. Sexy, although I would have preferred her to be completely naked. She was a beautiful Demon. At least her choice of clothing for the morning left her long legs revealed for me.

But with everything I noticed, I also took in her red eyes. Normally, they were as black as the sea. Like every demon ever born, when they were angry their eyes turned a deep blood red. She was giving me one of her Surri looks; she had a few when she was pissed with me.

I didn't know what to say because I knew where her mind had gone, so I just held her gaze until she looked away first and walked off towards the kitchen. To tread lightly would be the best course of action here. No one wanted to be around when Surri threw a fit. She could alter the weather during a fit and today was not the day.