Chapter 3 - Festival

Vestival Day

"Look over there, it's DJ Roofy, the senior from the practical music department!"

"The driver is DJ Chatty; she's a graduate of our school!"

"Start it up!"

A large crowd gathered, and each department attempted to generate profits with a variety of ideas.

"One of you must participate in the charity date auction."

"Oh, no way I'm doing that!" Zack exclaimed.

"If you can turn a profit, we'll let you off the hook."

"He evaded it once again!"

"Out of ten people, not a single one has touched him!"

Zack must have really been trying to avoid the charity date auction.

"All this effort to avoid the charity auction, what's driving him to do that?"

In the end, Daniel was selected for the charity date auction.

The class fashion show outfits were created by sophomores.

"You! How could you pull something like this?"

"What? It looks awesome."

"Introducing Daniel Park from the Fashion Department!"

"TAKE ME!"

'I've never received this much attention before,' Daniel thought to himself.

"Wow, such talent this year as well. J High School is truly the best," mused the girl known as Lala Kim from Chanel Private School as she arrived at the festival with her friends.

"Charity Date Auction Queen!"

"Hey, you. Your name is Daniel Park, right?"

"Huh? Yes."

"Do you know I'm doing this because I had the highest bid last year? She was the winning bidder. DJ Roofy set the record for the highest bid two years ago. I have one thing to say – if she wins you, that all-day date will be a nightmare. If she wins, you're in trouble," the upperclassman exclaimed.

"Okay, let's start the bidding!"

"$300!" Zoe Park bid her savings for Daniel.

'I must win this date with Daniel; this should be enough to secure the victory.'

"$1,000" Lala Kim confidently raised her hand, leaving the onlookers shocked.

"They're all staring at me. Is it because I look beautiful?"

"This equals DJ Roofy's record from two years ago!"

'With my good looks, wealth, and feminine charm, that boy will be mine!' Lala Kim thought with excitement in her eyes.

"$2,000," a beautiful young woman raised her hand nonchalantly as she arrived with a tattooed man wearing sunglasses.

"Who is she?"

"$2,000!"

'She's the nice girl from the convenience store! And in a school uniform? She's a high school student?!' Daniel thought to himself.

"$2,500," Lala Kim raised her hand, her face showing desperation. Her pride was clearly wounded when the young woman bid $1,000 without hesitation.

"$5,000," the mysterious young woman raised her hand again, maintaining her nonchalant demeanor.

"$5,000! She's doubled it again! Lala Kim is embarrassed!"

'That woman, who is she?' Lala Kim thought, seething with anger at the unfolding situation.

"That's it! Daniel Park is sold for $5,000!"

"A beautiful girl like that paid that much," Vasco said as tears welled up in his eyes.

"That concludes the Charity Date Auction!"

'Wow, this is awkward. What should I say? Do I have to go on a date with her? She's stunning,' Daniel thought as he was captivated by the girl's beauty. Beside her stood a man with sunglasses.

"That girl almost won, but-"

"Hey, you. What's wrong with her? Do you think you're so great? Do you think I bought you because I like you? Don't look down on others just because you're good-looking," the mysterious girl replied.

"Let's go," the girl said to the man beside her.

"Wait a second!" Daniel reached out, but the man with sunglasses stopped him.

"That's enough. Who do you think you're touching?"

"L-Let go!" Daniel was frustrated with himself for disrespecting someone.

"This punk." The mysterious man swung his right leg toward Daniel.

"A kick, but I can block it."

The man, now known as Gun, changed the trajectory of his leg, targeting Daniel's nape. However, something unexpected happened.

'Someone stopped Gun's Brazilian Kick.' The pretty girl stared at the newcomer in shock, and Gun also had wide eyes, unaware that someone would intervene. When he realized who it was, his expression changed immediately. He looked excited and took off his sunglasses to greet the man beside Daniel.

"Good, GOOD! Rain Alvarez!" Gun exclaimed with an eager expression.

"Does the scar I gave you still hurt, Gun?" Rain replied with a cold look on his face.