Chapter Three: It Has Begun

The day had finally come for Outworld and Earthrealm to engage in Mortal Kombat. Liu Kang quickly rose out of bed, his heart pounding with anticipation. He knew that this battle would be unlike any other, and he needed to prepare himself both physically and mentally.

After finishing getting ready, Liu Kang left his room and made his way towards the training grounds where the rest of his team was already getting ready. Johnny was fixing his hair in a nearby mirror, trying to look his best for the upcoming fight. Sonya, Kung Lao, and Kenshi were all gathered around, testing their weapons and ensuring they were in top condition for the battle ahead.

As Liu Kang approached, he noticed Princess Kitana making her way toward him wearing her regal attire fit for Kombat, her confidence radiating. "Good to see you up, Liu Kang," she greeted him with a warm smile. "We are about to head to the Colosseum. I wish you the best in Kombat."

Liu Kang bowed respectfully. "I wish you the best of luck as well, Your Highness," he replied.

Kitana chuckled softly. "Don't worry, unlike some champions in the past, I don't need luck," she said confidently.

Liu Kang's gaze drifted over Kitana's shoulder, and he noticed three new faces he didn't recognize. One of them with piercing green eyes, which matched her Emerald-colored attire. Her jet-black braids were neatly tied in a high ponytail. The second woman had short black hair in a stylish side part that barely went past her chin. She donned golden armor with a bit of flair, giving her a fierce yet elegant look. The third person was a man, dressed in saturated purple clothing that draped over him with elegance and grace. He held a staff with a small clear crystal ball on top of it, mimicking the element of water.

Curious, Liu Kang asked Kitana, "Who are they?"

Kitana turned her head to see whom Liu Kang was referring to. "Those are a few of the Edenian champions who will be participating in the Tournament alongside me, my sister, and the general, for Edenia," she explained. "Rain, Tanya, and the one in the green, Jade, my dearest friend since we were children. She's dreamt of this moment, and I am both happy and nervous for her."

Liu Kang smiled reassuringly. "If she is anything like you, I am sure she will be just fine," earning a thankful smile from Kitana.

Queen Sindel's voice cut through the chatter, calling the champions forward. "Come, Earthrealmers. It is time to head to Shao Kahn's Colosseum," she announced. Her husband, King Jerrod, stood beside her, holding her hand tightly. Though he trusted his children, he couldn't help but worry about their safety. Fatherly instincts always shadowed the confidence he displayed outwardly.

Multiple carriages, pulled by strong bulls, were waiting at the gates of Edenia. Sindel and Jerrod shared the first carriage by themselves, Kitana, Jade, Reiko, and Mileena climbed into the second carriage,

In the third carriage, Tanya and Rain shared the ride with the Earthrealmers, Kung Lao and Liu Kang. Despite the imminent battle, there was a sense of camaraderie as they exchanged looks.

Lord Raiden, along with Johnny, Sonya, and Kenshi, occupied the last carriage. Upon sitting down, the carriages began their descent, and the sound of hooves and rolling wheels filled the air. Sonya looked through the window to the carriage as they passed by the unsettling landscapes of the rest of Outworld. Kenshi eyed the view as well, sharing the same look of dreadfulness with Sonya.

Raiden spoke up. "I have trained you all for this moment, I hope you can push down your doubts." He advised.

Sonya and Kenshi looked at him with a nod, they turned to Johnny who was mindlessly on his phone with headphones in. Kenshi looked back at Sonya. "What on earth did you see in him?" He asked.