Chapter 5|Let the Games Begin

After Mr Aizawas somewhat inspiring yet intimidating speech, the rest of class 1-A and I readied for our eight tests. First up was the 50-metre dash.

Test 1: 50 Metre Dash

"My quirk is more of a combat and defensive-focused ability. So I'll analyse everyone else for this test to see if I can gauge their skills. I'm sure we'll be fighting each other soon, so it'll be good to understand my rivals early." I thought while lining up for my turn to sprint.

We were running in pairs, and of course, I naturally got paired up with Raionari. But the idea is to watch, I'm sure I can come up with something for the other tests.

As I was lost in thought I felt a sudden gust of wind from the track. Looking up to see Iida had swiftly made his way to the finish line in an impressive 3.04 seconds.

Tenya Iida. His quirk, Engine! As you can see his legs are pretty dang fast.

"Well, it's useful in this test at least. He'll likely be a tough opponent with that speed," I thought.

I watched as the brunette girl who was arguing with our teacher had her go.

"I'll lighten up my clothes, oh and my shoes too," she said while touching her clothing followed by soft flashes of pink light.

She ran across the track getting a less impressive 7.14 seconds. But she remarked that it was better than junior high.

Ochaco Uraraka. Her quirk, Zero Gravity! She can nullify the gravitational pull of anything she touches, but if she uses her power too much she totally hurls!

"Nice attempts monami, but you're just not showing enough panache. LET YOUR POWER SHINE!" Said a blonde kid with a weird-looking belt as he shot a laser from his belly button.

Yuga Aoyama. His quirk, Navel Laser! That's right, a belly button laser! But he can't shoot it forever.

I ignored whatever that guy said when he reached the end. Mainly because I couldn't hear it, but also because I didn't care. Although it was funny to see him tumble to the ground after he made that quick speech. Serves him right for being so cocky.

"Although it seems a bit useless since the laser only lasts about a second, his quirk could be very dangerous, or even useful. I need to keep an eye on him," I thought.

It was Bakugo's turn next, as I'd come to learn his name from Mr Aizawa. He began to run then shouted aggressively "BURST SPEED." Using his explosion quirks to blast him across the finish line in a respectable 4.13 seconds.

Katsuki Bakugo. His quirk, Explosion!

"Hmm, that gives me an idea," I mumbled to myself.

After watching a couple more of my classmates run it was finally my turn. I lined up at the starting line and waited for the signal. "Runners on your marks, ready," I readied myself for the sprint

BANG, I heard from the other side, signalling my start time. I was wary of using my quirk so I ran normally while Raionari sprinted ahead of us with his quirk.

Hiroshi Raionari. His quirk, Thundercat! He can generate lightning from his hands while also having the attributes of a lion!

When I saw the right opening, I lunged my arms outwards and made one long spike on each arm. Jumping in the air and plunging one spike into the ground lifting myself forward with the leverage of the spike. It was tough on my arms but I'd be training for these movements for months, so it wasn't too difficult.

Continuing to launch my way through the track using my spikes as stilts, I reached the finish line with a respectable 6.03 seconds.

Shohari Hengaku. His quirk, Spike Growth! He can grow spikes anywhere on his body and can detach the spikes to fling them at his targets!