«just hold me»

on friday, lola qualified P5, arthur P8. They were both very happy with that, considering it was their first formula 2 qualifying. Ollie qualified p12, leaving him with work to do over the weekend, but lola knew he would push himself. he was only 17 so the effort he was putting in was incredible.

olliebearman via stories

"OLLIE IM GONNA KILL YOU""no your not Lola""i'll get you back for that photo"

"no your not Lola"
"i'll get you back for that photo"

and she did

lolaroux via stories

the sprint felt like ages away and lola was just sat around the garage waiting for the formula 2 cars to be called to the main pitlane so they could get prepared to line up on the grid

the sprint felt like ages away and lola was just sat around the garage waiting for the formula 2 cars to be called to the main pitlane so they could get prepared to line up on the grid. lola was sat on the floor against the prema truck in the support paddock when someone came and sat down next to here.
"i'm so bored i just wanna race" she said looking at the brown hair boy beside her
"honestly same. i swear we've been waiting for ages and it's only been like 10 minutes" ollie said
"maybe we got to eager when it came to getting ready and warmed up" she said with a giggle
"yeahhhh maybe" he said laughing back

arthur walked past them towards his teams garage and sent a wink towards lola while he made his way down the paddock. ollie turned his head back to lola and gave her a look.
"you and arthur hmm?" he said with a smirk
"don't even start ol. i've known him since i was born. nothing can happen between us"
"do you want something to happen between you?"
lola hesitated.
no.
she did like a leclerc.
but not arthur.
"no" she eventually said with a smile "no arthur probably sees me as a sister we are that close. nothing will happen"
she could tell ollie didn't believe her but he just nodded along with he me anyway.
"what ever you say roux"
"shut up bearman"
the two of them giggled as they were finally called to get into their cars to be strapped in and go race.
——————————————————————

"ok lola thats p17. unlucky but bounce back tomorrow"
lola sighed
"alright thanks guys" she responded over the radio
she had a collision during the opening lap meaning she had to box due to a puncture. she managed to make up a few places but nowhere near enough to get points. she pulled back into the support paddock and drove the car back to the prema garage. hopping out of the car she was greeted by a few team members who all either said "hard luck" or "always got tomorrow" but non of it made her feel any better really.

she watched as ollie pulled into the garage and got out of the car looking just as deflated as her. she took her helmet off and waited for ollie to do the same before they made eye contact. he came over to her.
"p15"
"p17"
"great first race hey?" he said jokingly to lighten the mood
"oh yes absolutely" she said back sarcastically

her phone pinged on the side next to her. she looked over to see the notification.

Arthur: p12🫤

she smiled at the message before replying with "better than p17🤷‍♀️" and placing her phone back down.
"where are you watching the f1 race tomorrow?" ollie asked
"alpine invited me to their garage so i'll be on pierre's side. you?"
"ferrari invited me to them"
"ahh, arthur will be there too"
"yeah i'll watch with him on charles side id imagine"
———————————————————————

the next day, Pierre ended the race p9, with Esteban not finishing the race. not a bad start but not the best. While people were rushing down the pitlane to get a good view of the podium, lola was walking in the opposite direction, towards ferrari. She stood outside and saw Charles leaned against the wall looking defeated. he had an engine issue during the race causing him to DNF. He looked up and caught her eye and immediately walked towards her. As he got close she began to speak but got interrupted.
"bad luck today cha-"
"just hold me" he said wrapping his arms around her and nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck.
she squeezed him back, knowing how painful it must feel for him to go from winning here last year to not even finishing the race this year.
"thankyou" he softly whispered not letting go.

everyone around them was aware of who lola was and how she was close with charles, so nobody really paid any attention to the pairing. well. except for one person. Arthur was walking out of the garage when he saw lola with his brother. he was jealous, there was no denying. seeing them embracing pained his heart as he dropped his head and walked back the way he came.

As Charles and Lola pulled apart, she looked up and ran her hands through the front of his hair.
"don't be defeated charles, your still my favourite driver"
he smiled at her
"that's all i aim to be" he said before placing a kiss on her forehead.
Lola had butterflies in her stomach. she felt on top of the world.
——————————————————————

lolaroux

tagged: @alpinef1teamliked by arthur_leclerc, pierregasly and 892,352 otherslolaroux: an honour to watch the f1 from the alpine garage today

liked by arthur_leclerc, pierregasly and 892,352 others
lolaroux: an honour to watch the f1 from the alpine garage today. the journey has only just started💪🏻