The Turn of the Tide

Start from the beginning

Wojira turned again towards us, drawing herself up in height, a ball of stormy energy building in her throat as she opened her mouth. There was nothing we could do. The famed Ninja of Ninjago were finally faced with an enemy we couldn't beat.

"So this is how it ends," I mused quietly.

As I was accepting my and everyone else's untimely and premature deaths, a huge orb of water slammed into the side of Wojira's head.

Searching for the source, a giant, fluid dragon floated up in the air.

"Is that Nya?" Lloyd asked, pointing towards the creature.

The dragon screamed. "Sounds like her," Kai offered. Typical sibling response.

"And she looks pissed off," Cole observed.

Nya shot towards Wojira, grabbing her in her jaws and slamming her into a nearby skyscraper. We hurried to the other side of the roof as Wojira slunk down into the water, only to reappear moments later and butt Nya into our building. We cried out as the ground shook beneath us and we fought to keep on our feet. Nya whirled around, taking to the sky.

Wojira refocused on us, spewing stormy energy at the roof as we ran from the blasts. As we ducked for cover, Nya doubled back, speeding towards Wojira. She grabbed Wojira's horns and dragged her head backward over a neighboring building.

The two dragons wrestled with one another before Wojira shrieked again and a bolt of purple lighting struck Nya. She writhed as her watery body was consumed by the energy. She was struck again and again before Wojira blasted her with energy from her throat again.

With an ear-splitting cry, Nya's body once again disappeared into a spray of water.

"NOOOO!" Jay screamed.

Wojira narrowed in on us. We were defenseless on the roof. Sitting ducks. Again, a fury of stormy energy built up in her throat as she raised up over us. The sky behind her lit up with lightning, but something was different... It was blue, not purple as it had been before.

A storm cloud suspended in the sky glowed with lightning and thunder struck. The cloud opened up to reveal Nya, stronger than ever before. She aimed herself at Wojira, hurtling towards her at break-neck speed. As she closed in, she morphed from a powerful sea dragon to a more human-like form. As she barreled towards the sea spirit, she aimed straight for the Wave Amulet.

A pulse of blue energy emitted out from Wojira, the shock throwing us across the ground. Wojira roared as purple lightning blazed from her body. She began to convulse violently as she raised up into the air.

In a burst of purple, she was gone. Reduced to mere atoms, if that.

Something shot up from the water and landed on the other side of the roof.

"Nya!" Kai called.

We all ran towards her, exclaiming over her amazing feat.

"Nya!" Jay blurted. "You did it!" He advanced towards her as if to hug her, but he stumbled through her liquid form. He gasped, pulling back.

Kai chuckled, but his voice was underlined with anxiety. "That's gonna take some getting used to. But we'll figure out a way to change you back. Don't worry."

A deep, sinking feeling began to settle in the pit of my stomach. Nya's words returned to me, she couldn't come back from this.

"Back?" Nya questioned.