Part 1

M: Paarthu....paarthu erakki vaiyungaya andha beero en maamanaar enakku seedhanama kuduthadhu....

Mannikkam instructed the loaders to carefully bring down their things from the mini lorry. Mannikkam, his wife Eashwari and Radha were the new tenants of the house adjacent to Aranganathan's house (the one where Ramya used to stay in TVET one).

Pinching her long skirt, six year old Radha came running out of her house.

R: Appa! Appa! Veedu rombha nalla irukkuppa! Enakku pudichirukku! Inime naama inga dhan irukka poroma'pa?

M: Amaa'da thangam.... inga dhan iruppom...indha unnoda vilaiyaattu porul'laam eduthu kondu poyee amma kita keattu enga vekkanumo vai...

Picking her bag of toys Radha went in. Meanwhile in Aranganathan's house,

V: Pai pathinon noothipathu...pathinon pathinon noothi irubathi onnu....

Vetri was reciting the times table very diligently. Anbu came to him with his maths notebook and pencil.

AN: Dai Vetri!

Little Vetri looked up to him.

AN: Indha kanakku enakku varave vara mattengudhuda annannukkum theriyala...unakku edhavadhu theriyudha paareyn....

Vetri took the notebook from Anbu's hand and glanced it. He then started working out the answers in a rough paper.

AN: Enna pannuraan ivan onnum vilangalaye...mmm..

Anbu stood scratching his head. Aranganathan was watching his sons.

V: Mmm...pottutteyn....nee Appa kita sariya irukkanu keattukko....

Anbu took the notebook to Aranganathan. He looked through Vetri's work. A proud smile crept up on his face.

AR: Vetri sariya dhan pottirukkan...

Anbu was shocked. His brother who was four years younger than him could solve his maths questions. He went back to Vetri.

AN: Dai! Nee sariya dhan kanakku pottirukkenu Appa sonnaaru... eppudraa?

V: Appa tuition solli kudukumbodhu naan keattukitteyn appuram en note'la practice panneyn enakku vandhadhu...nee ukkaru epdi podrathunu naan unakku solli thareyn...easy dhan....

AN: Huh...uh...adhu innoru naal kathukureyn ippo neeye enakku homework senjukudeyn...appakku theriya vendaa...

Saying, he passed his note to Vetri and escaped to the room to sleep. Vetri loved math. He gladly did all the sums in Anbu's notebook.

Kamalamma brought tea for her husband.

AN: Paarthiya Kamala, Anbu veettupadatha Vetri senjittu irukkaan...indha chinna vayasulaye avan yevalo arivaliya irukkaan paaru....kandippa IAS'aa varuvan en paiyan....

He exclaimed proudly. Kamalamma smiled. They heard a knock at their door.

E: Ulla varalangala?

K: Vaanga...ulla vaanga...

Eashwari stepped in holding a steel pot of warm milk. Radha too entered hiding behind her mother.

E: Vanakkam...en peru Eashwari naanga pakkathu veetukku kudi vandhirukkom...paal kaachi kondu vandhirukken indhanga....

She passed the pot to Kamalamma. She introduced herself and her family to Eashwari. Both ladies got acquainted. After welcoming Eashwari, Aranganathan went inside the room as he did not want Eashwari to feel uncomfortable speaking with Kamalamma while the husband was around.