chapter 2

They pulled up to an apartment block and headed up to apartment 26. There they were greeted by a very pretty italian lady. She was Peter's aunt, May. Tony was quick to start flirting with her as Gwen rolled her eyes at his ethics.

After an hour or two, they heard keys jingle from outside the door.

"Hey,May" Peter walks through the door not looking up to see the added company in his living room.

"Mmm.Hey.How was school today?" May asks.

"Great,this really pretty girl-" He looks up to see said pretty girl and her father Tony stark sitting on his couch. His eyes widen.

"Um..What--what are you doing...? Hey! Uh,I'm--I'm--I'm Peter." He stutters. "But you already know that." He refers to Gwen,when they met earlier at school. Gwen smiles at his awkwardness.

"It's about time we met. You've been getting my e-mails,right?" Tony puts down his cup of tea,turning to face the boy.He nods nervously.

"Can i have five minutes with him?"

"Sure" May replies.

Tony and Gwen follow him to his room. Once they get to the room, Tony bolts the door and spits out the walnut date loaf May had given him earlier. " As walnut dates go,that wasn't bad." "Woah,what do we have here? Retro tech? Thrift store? Salvation army?" He notices Peter's collection of old computers.

"Uh the garbage actually," He looks down embarrassed that he was admitting to dumpster diving infront of his crush.

"You're a dumpster diver." Tony shrugs. Gwen minded her own business sat on the edge of Peter's bed. She didn't really give a shit about the whole superhero drama she had more important things to worry about like school and what she was going to wear tomorrow.

"Yeah,I was...anyway,look,um,I definitely did not apply for your grant-"

Tony cuts him off," ah-ah! me first."

"Okay."

"Quick question of the rhetorical variety." He pulls out his phone which projects a video of Peter in his Spider-man outfit. "This is you,right?"

"Um-no,what do you mean?"

"Yeah look at you go."

"3000 pounds,40 miles an hour." Gwen chimes in.

"That's not easy, you got mad skills" Tony praises.

"That's all- That's all on YouTube, though, right? I mean, that's where you found that? Because you know that's all fake. It's all done on the computer." Peter tried to explain to not blow his secret identity. While Peter comes up with more excuses and explainations, Gwen notices a latch on the ceiling of his room, she grabs a nearby wooden pole he had next to his desk, pushing up the latch causing Peter's spider-man suit to fall out.

"Oh what do we have here?" Peter catches it before it falls to the ground,hiding it in his closet.

"Uh..that's uh.."

"So. You're the . . . Spider . . . ling. Crime-fighting Spider . . .you're Spider-Boy?"Tony questions,pointing at the boy.

"Spider-man," Gwen answers for him,knowing his name from the internet.Peter smiles gratefully as he did not have to put himself through the awkwardness of explaining his superhero name.

"Not in that onesie your not" Tony remarks,ruining the sweet moment Peter and Gwen had.

"It's not a onesie. I don't believe this. I was actually having a real good day today, you know, Mr. Stark. Didn't miss my train, this perfectly good DVD player was just sitting there and . . . Algebra test. Nailed it!-"

Tony cuts him off,"Who else knows? Anybody?"

"Nobody."

"Not even your...unusually attractive aunt?"

"No. No, no. No, no. If she knew, she would freak out. And when she freaks out, I freak out."

"You know what I think is really cool? This webbing. That tensile strength is off the charts. Who manufactured that?"

"I did."  Tony and Gwen give an impressed look

"Climbing the walls, how you doing that? Adhesive gloves?"

"It's a long story. I was uh . . ."

He was cut off,yet again,by Tony.He was holding up the goggles of the suit,"Lordy! Can you even see in these?" Gwen could tell her dad was getting on Peter's nerves.

"Yes. Yes, I can! I can. I can-I can see in those. Okay? It's just that... when whatever happened, happened . . . it's like my senses have been dialed to 11. There's way too much input, so . . . they just kinda help me focus." He snatches the goggles away to avoid anymore criticism about his suit.

"You're in dire need of an upgrade. Systemic, top to bottom. 100-point restoration. That's why I'm here. " Peter sits on his bed next to Gwen and looks at Tony. "Why you doing this? I gotta know. What's your MO? What gets you outta that twin bed in the morning?"

"Because . . ." he fiddles with his fingers "because l've been me my whole life, and l've had these powers for 6 months."read books, I build computers . . . and--and yeah. I would love to play football. But I couldn't then so I shouldn't now." They nod in understanding.

"Because you're different?" Gwen enquires.

"Exactly. But I can't tell anybody that, so I'm not. When you can do the things that I can, but you don't . . . and then the bad things happen . . . they happen because of you."

Tony looks affected by his words,"So you wanna look out for the little guy? You wanna do your part? Make the world a better place, all that, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah just looking out . . . for the little guy. That's--that's what it is."

He slowly steps over to Peter whose leg is stretched out on the bed. Tony looks down at it."I'm gonna sit here, so you move the leg,"Peter moves along. Tony sits beside him and raises his hand. He hesitantly clasps Peter's shoulder.Gwen stifles a laugh at this interaction."You got a passport?"

"Uh, no. I don't even have a driver's license." Peter shrugs.

"You ever been to Germany?"

"No." He answers simply.

"Oh, you'll love it."

" I can't go to Germany!"

"Why?" Tony scrunches his brows in confusion.

"I got . . . homework." Gwen gives an amused look.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't say that."

"I'm---I'm being serious! I can't just drop out of school!"

"It's fine, we won't miss much im going too," Gwen assured him. This made him did want to go a little more because he would get to spend time with her.

"Might be a little dangerous. Better tell Aunt Hottie I'm taking you on a field trip." Peter He webs Tony's hand to the door.

"Don't tell May."

"Alright, Spider-Man." They share an earnest look before Tony returns to his usual attitude."Get me out of this."

"Sorry, I'll get the . . ."

--
A/N
aww they were soo cute. what would their ship name be?

peter+gwen=pwen? geter?😭

parker+stark=sarker 💀💀