ONE, are we still friends?

1918

1918

Olivia Alicent Shelby wanted revenge. No she craved it, she needed to get her revenge.

She wanted to make her dad pay for what he did.

She needed to make him pay.

Her mum didn't deserve that.

She didn't deserve to die like that.

After the war her dad wasn't the same but she knew that would happen, her mum warned her. What Olivia didn't expect was for her dad to drive her and her mum away. They ended up in a little flat where Polly and Ada visited every single day, Tommy even visited some times but didn't stay long. The two were never officially divorced or even broken up, they loved each other too much to fully and officially call it quits.

Alicent Elizabeth Meadows-Shelby died four months after the war ended. She died of accidental alcohol poisoning, Tommy Shelby found his wife dead after he showed up to see his daughter and take her to school. He found it weird that neither Ali or Livvy were awake since it was half past seven so he went to check and that's where he found his wife's lifeless body. Luckily, Olivia was still asleep and he made out like Ali was having a sleep in although the girl was thirteen and she knew when her dad was lying but she didn't want to believe that he was lying so she went to school that day and pretended as if everything was normal. When she met her uncle John at the gates of the school she knew something wasn't right. John one ever picked her up if Polly, Ali or Tommy were busy or if there was an emergency. The walk back was silent John not wanting to tell his niece that her mum was dead and Liv not wanting to ask because she was scared of the reply.

Tommy broke the news to his daughter that her mum wasn't coming back and that she would be buried within the next week.

The Shelby's stood in all black, Tommy avoiding his daughter's piercing gaze from her place next to Arthur. He knew she hated him. He knew she blamed him and he was willing to take the blame if it meant she would talk to him, even if it was to insult him.

Olivia leant further into Arthur's side as the priest went on, Tommy looking down.

Tommy stepped forward clearing his throat. "I promised my wife thirteen years ago that I'd protect her and our daughter and that if she passed before me that I'd say a few words at her funeral but I can't do that. I didn't know her well enough so Olivia," he motioned for her to walk over and take over.

The brunette walked reluctantly walking over, her voice wavering as she began, "I didn't think I'd have to speak so I didn't prepare anything."

"As all of you know my mum is, sorry, was one of the best people, um she is- was my best friend. She was one of the most forgiving people," her eyes flittered over to Tommy who refused to look up from the ground.