CHAPTER 9

It's been a week since Mia and I made up, she was slowly getting better after the whole ordeal with David. David tried to explain himself several times, but Mia wasn't willing to get back together with him and though she was hurting, she refused to shut herself up over an heartbreak and I agreed with her because he wasn't worth it. I on the other hand, redid my entire thesis and I was planning on going to see professor Wilson this week. I was ready to fight him this time. I eventually stopped thinking so much about that night and decided to move on from that.

As I was mussing about things, my phone ranged and i was shocked to see it was a call from professor Wilson, I picked up the call, and before I could say anything he asked me to come to school and stop by his office immediately, then he ended the call. I was flabbergasted by the urgency in his tone so I quickly picked up my documents, stuffed them in my tote bag and left the house. I had to take a cab because Mia drove the car to work. I quickly found a cab and told the driver where I was going to. I was too much in a hurry to realize that I was wearing just a polo, sweatpants and a crocks. I groaned when I took a look at my messy hair pinned up in a ponytail. That call better be worth this mess or else I was going to berserk on dear old professor Wilson and blow my opportunity to graduate.

I got to school, paid the driver and walked straight towards his office without missing a step or paying attention to nobody. When I got to his office I stopped, took a deep breath and knocked. I heard a voice say "come in". If someone had told me I would meet trouble if I went out today then I would gladly stay home even if it meant ignoring professor Wilson's call and the urgency in his voice. The minute I heard that voice and walked in, my heart dropped as I saw the man sitting in professor Wilson's chair and grinning evilly at me, he is none other than Jayden, the man I had a spring night with, the very man I struggled so hard to forget. I quickly ignored his gaze and turned towards the professor as I was ready to excuse myself and run away.
" if you still care about graduating then it's better you forget about running away". I heard Jayden say. I winced when I heard the threat in his words. How does he even know I was thinking of running away. I looked down at my feet and remembered how I was dressed, I felt like dying from embarrassment. I should have dressed properly regardless of how urgent the situation was. I can't believe he is seeing me like this. Since I could not do anything about how I look I just decided to ignore it and be embarrassed about it later. I had to brace myself for whatever I was about to face, I shouldn't care so much about what he thinks of my lack of proper attire.

I saw the look of horror on her face the moment she saw me. I was extremely happy with that look on her face, it meant the little kitten knew how to be afraid after doing something wrong. I looked at her from her head down to her feet and realized how poorly dressed she was, she must have been in a hurry. Regardless of how poorly dressed she was, I somehow still found her pretty. I watch her look towards her professor with a calculating look on her face and I knew she was planning on running away from me again so I quickly reminded her of her problem before she actually makes a move and run away. Honestly, I did not mean to threaten her it's just that if I did not do that I would lose her again. I came here today to help her and I doubt she would appreciate that but I still wanted to do it. When I got the background check I did on her, I realized she attended the same university as my sister, and her supervisor was giving her issues because he wanted to sleep with her. The thought of another man having disgusting thoughts about my woman made me want to kill this damn professor in the most slow painful way I could think of.

"Aren't you happy to see me Hannah?" I asked her.
"I don't know who you are sir so, don't call my name as if we are familiar with each other".
"Oh really. You might not be familiar with me but I am familiar with you in a very intimate way".
  That bastard had the audacity to smirk at me after almost outing us out. I need to speak to professor Wilson and get out of here. I ignored him directly and told professor Wilson that I redid my thesis and I brought it over for approval. I had no intention of  giving him room to send me out once again without approving my work. I noticed professor Wilson was unusually quiet and why was he shaking like he was afraid of something or someone.
  There was silence in the room until that bastard opened his mouth and said something ridiculous.
" I asked him to call you here, I found out about your little situation and I am here to help. You can submit your recent thesis and it would be approved and you won't be bothered till you graduate and afterwards. I looked at him in shock and confusion. I could not understand what was going on, how did he know about this except he has been following me or...
   "Did you do a background check on me?" I asked him in disbelief. I was half certain he did but I needed him to tell me.
  "Yes Hannah, I did." He confirmed in a serious voice.
  "Fuck shit, why would you do that, do you realize I can sue you for that? You had no right or a good enough reason to dig up my shit." Dammit I was so pissed. I could feel the air suddenly go cold and I felt like I was freezing, Jayden had a very cold look and air surrounding him.