Chapter 1- She Ran Away

Author's POV

"Today finally I left my toxic family who were torturing me both mentally and physically from 21 years and never cared about me, from when I was born", Aashi was writing this in her diary. Aashi was 23 now. She had a dark past full of childhood trauma. Her parents even refused to provide proper education to her and refused to pay her school fees but, the school principal of the school she studied in was a very good friend of her father and he gave Aashi a scholarship for her school and college but when he died, Aashi had just graduated. She had nowhere to go and toxic family didn't accept her. Aashi had a sibling Pari who was just 2 years older than her and all the importance was given to her sister.

Aashi was never alone though. She had a best friend, Abhilasha. Aashi was an introvert but Abhilasha wasn't. Aashi was also friends with Mohit from childhood but she knew the sad fact that she had to marry Mohit sometime in future because of a stupid business deal between the families. Aashi only had two friends. Abhilasha and Mohit.

Aashi had a stable job at a departmental store and she used to earn 25k per month i.e. 3,00,000 per year, it was enough for her because she spent it just to buy some food and sometimes on clothes. She left her house with about 2,50,000 in her hand which she had saved in two years. She sat in a metro at 10 pm in the night. The metro was about to get closed. She got off at a station that was the farthest from her house. She sat in a taxi from there and in a train she left from Kolkata to Ahmedabad. She had no one there but she never thought before taking any decision. Even if it was dangerous. She got off at Ahmedabad after 2 days and 1 night. There was a complete chaos and she had nowhere to go. It was night and she asked people about any hotel nearby and got a few responses. She decided to walk and go and not to waste any more money.

Ahmedabad was indeed a beautiful city but Aashi wasn't able to find a hotel there. It was already 11:50 pm and bad thoughts of what she saw in the movies was troubling her. Suddenly she saw a light of a car and they were her parents and the toxic family she was thinking about. "Sit in the car, you little brat!", her mother shouted. "Don't you care about our reputation?" her father said. Aashi forgot that her mobile phone was linked to a GPS tracker and her parents tracked her.

She unfortunately had to go back. The Rathores were a very reputed family and they had a business deal with the Shah's that Aashi will marry their son, Mohit Shah when she turns 23 and Mohit turns 26. Mohit was a millionaire and the CEO of Shah industries of technology. Mohit and Aashi knew each other from childhood. Mohit had a crush on Aashi from childhood but Aashi didn't 'love' anyone except momos and bollywood movies.

Aashi woke up in her bedroom as usual but to her utter surprise her mother was smiling at her, something that she saw her mother doing for the first time in her life. "Good Morning beta", her mother, Shivani said. She never heard good morning from anyone's mouth except Abhilasha and Mohit in her whole life of 23 years. Aashi was a strong yet soft person, she felt happy to see what she saw and she said "Good Morning ma". She got ready and went downstairs.

Chandresh began in a normal voice but was trying to be soft with her, "Aashi as you know that your sister, Pari is getting married to Kaushal Singhania and as per the business deal with the Shahs, you have to get married with Mohit", he continued. "I am not a use and throw item and I am sure that Mohit doesn't love me. I am not marrying him, now it makes sense why you all were talking so nicely to me", Aashi shouted.

Shivani got up and slapped her, "This girl doesn't deserve love, thank god we paid attention to your sister more, you are getting married to Mohit and that is final, they will come in the evening, get ready" and they went to their respective room.

Aashi decided that she will again attempt to run away. She bought a new phone and a new SIM card, informed Abhilasha about it and packed a pair of clothes or two. She took a bus and ran away. She went to Abhilasha's 2BHK apartment. Abhilasha lived alone in Kolkata and her parents lived in Chandigarh.

Aashi wept a lot. Although she was a strong girl but she wasn't ready for marriage and she also knew that Mohit liked someone else. She was, Mohit's childhood crush, Sreeja.

But actually Mohit wasn't in love with anyone, he didn't want to get married and so he lied to Aashi about Sreeja.

Abhilasha offered a glass of water to Aashi and was trying to calm her down.

Days passed and Aashi's parents didn't make efforts in finding her, they decided that Pari would get married to Mohit. Pari was a bit selfish and she thought about her luxurious life at the Shah Mansion. She immediately agreed for marriage but she had other plans for the wedding day.

Pari had Abhilasha's number. She called her and asked about the whereabouts of Aashi. Abhilasha couldn't lie and she ended up saying the truth. Pari always played a game in her own house and was a complete double faced, manipulative person. All the ceremonies went well but Mohit wasn't interested in them. He believed that he wouldn't pay attention to Pari after marriage. The families too just cared about the deal and not about whom their son was getting married to. Anyways, Mohit always loved Aashi.

______________________________________________________________________________

All the functions, haldi, mehendi, sangeet were celebrated as expected, in a very royal yet rich way. On the wedding day of Pari, Aashi woke up in a car full of the body guards of her parents.

"You have to come with us", Bodyguard no. 1 said.

"How do you know my location, the GPS tracker was also in the other phone? right?", Aashi asked.

She got shocked by the reply of the Body Guard

____________________________________________________________________________

HELLO READERS

I wrote something on wattpad for the first time in my life. hope you liked it!!

As it is the first time the votes target is 100 votes because I cannot wait to post the next chapter!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!