Part 13 Surprise!

Start from the beginning

"Wow, you dork." I laugh then add, "Well the same goes for you then, let's do it."

"Yo, Kenzo, we picked what we want."

"You know the artist?" I ask.

"Yeah, he did my hand tattoos. There ain't no one else I would trust with you." Shuji smiles proudly.

"Yeah, and 'ain't no one else' will tattoo us under age too." I say sarcastically.

"What do you mean underage? I thought you could get tattoos whenever." Shuji says dumbfounded.

"Oh god."

"So you chose the stars, nice. Where are you thinking of getting them?" Kenzo asks.

"What about wrapping around the arm?" I suggest.

"You heard them, around the arm it is!" Shuji declares.

Kenzo chuckles and leads me to a chair. Shuji follows and Kenzo has to argue with Shuji for a bit about distance.

"So you are saying you will tattoo us underage but you won't let me sit by y/n while they get their tattoo?" Shuji complains with his newfound wisdom.

"You can sit next to them, but not so close man!"

"Shuji just obey Kenzo." I sigh.

"Fine." He huffs sitting down at the designated chair not too far from me.

Kenzo places the stencil on my arm and we make sure the placement is alright. Then he gets to the scary part, the tattoo part. He takes me to the chair and I place my arm on the arm rest. Kenzo pulls out the tattoo gun, ink and other supplies.

"Ok, you are going to feel poking, kind of like being flicked with a rubber band." Kenzo informs me. "You ready?"

I nod my hand and he starts. I jump slightly and then he is off. Buzzz, Slowly stars are permanently etched onto my skin. Somehow Shuji has gotten closer and is now admiring Kenzo's work.

"Shuji, I'm almost finished but you need to give me space, man." Kenzo grumbles.

"Fine, fine. It's just so cool.." He moves his face closer and accidentally moves Kenzo's hand.

"Hanma! Look what you did!! You messed me up!!" Kenzo yells at him.

I look down at the star with a stray line. Well it adds personality I guess. I sigh to myself.

"Shit I'm sorry y'n.." Shuji mumbles.

I laugh at his expression, "It's fine, if I didn't think of you before with this tattoo, I definitely will now."

Kenzo finishes up the tattoo and Shuji keeps his distance.

"There, I hope you like it, sorry about Hanma." Kenzo says.

"No! Don't apologise, it's wonderful, how much do I owe you?"

"About 350 normally, but because of dumbass Hanma here, I'll only charge you 275." Kenzo explains while applying a protective layer over my tattoo called Tegaderm.

"Don't worry about the cost, doll. I'm paying." Shuji smiles.

"Oh really Shu? I don't mind paying."

"No really, I like treating you." Shuji kisses my cheek.

Kenzo cringes at the affection. "Then if you are paying Shuji I'm not giving the discount, you were the one who messed up the work anyway."

"Not fair man!" Shuji complains.

"Not my problem!"

I laugh at the two of them. This moment feels like the movies, specifically the part where things slow down and emit a warm cosy light wrapping the viewer in-

"Ok my turn!" Shuji pulls me off the chair interrupting my train of thought.

The start of Shuji's tattoo was different from mine as he did not jump at the beginning but rather started giggling uncontrollably.

"Hanma stop moving!" Kenzo demands angrily.

"I'm sorry HAHA I just- HA HA the tattoo tickles!" Shuji laughs.

'Matching tattoos, huh,' I think to myself while watching Shuji squirm. 'I guess I will do anything for this boy.'

Shuji's tattoo took significantly longer than mine. Then finally it was finished. My tattoo on the right and his on the left arm.

"Ahhh! This is awesome!!" Shuji squeals as he admires the tattoos.

We walk to the register and Shuji pulls out a stack of bills. Where did he get all that cash? I know he doesn't have a job...

Kenzo explains how to take care of the tattoos and then we leave the store after thanking him.

"Whattacha wanna do next sweet pea?" Shuji asks.

"Dunno." I reply.

"Why don't we go home, eat all the snacks we bought while watching a movie?" Shuji suggests.

"I like the sound of that!" I smile.