"I know that we just got here, but I have to help him." I sighed softly. I felt awful for wanting to leave the same day that we were supposed to be moving In. We only just managed to defeat Moff Gideon, and we needed a break now more than ever.

The bed dipped as Din sat beside me. His thigh was pushed up against my own as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder comfortingly. "It's okay, Cyar'ika. These things happen all the time, usually it's people needing my help. If you go with Pierce, I'll come with you. We're partners, remember?"

I smiled softly and lent my head against his beskar helmet. "Thank you, Cyare."

"Are we doing this then?" Din asked gently

"Yeah. Let's do it." I said with a small smile.

I then pushed myself up off of the bed and turned around to face Din. I held my hand out towards him so I could help him stand up. He gently took my hand and stood up from the bed. The two of us then walked out of the bedroom and headed down the hall towards the living room where I could hear Grogu cooing.

The sight that greeted us when we stepped into the living room made a bright smile form upon my face. Pierce was sat on the ground with Grogu held on his lap. He had a bowl of food on the table in front of him and he was feeding Grogu.

"Hey, what's going on here?" I said with a small laugh as I looked at the two of them. 

"He said he was hungry." Pierce stated as he stood back up from the floor with Grogu still held in his arms.

"Oh really?" I said with a laugh, knowing full well that Grogu doesn't talk.

"Yep." He nodded seriously

"Um, anyway...Din and I are going to help you with your holocron problem." I explained

"Oh, you don't have to do that, kid. I can handle it." Pierce said nonchalantly.

"Really? What's your plan then?" I asked him with a raised brow

"Hide it where they can't find it." He shrugged like it was no big deal

"And that would be?" I prompted

"An uninhabited planet." He stated

"Well, that could work. But I think I have a better idea." I stated

"Okay, what would that be?" He asked me curiously

"A temple. A sith one would be preferable because I don't know if there would be consequences to taking a sith holocron to a Jedi temple." I explained

"And that should keep it hidden?" He asked me

"It should. Someone who isn't a force user would find it very hard to access the temple. So that excludes your typical storm trooper." I said

"It sounds like a good idea to me." Din stated with a nod.

Pierce sighed and then nodded reluctantly. "Okay." He agreed to let us help him. He then stepped forward and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I hate that your so persuasive, and stubborn." He sighed in amusement

"I know you do." I said with a gentle laugh. I couldn't help but feel happy despite the brewing danger that was ahead of us. Having Pierce with the rest of my family felt nice. It felt complete. While my parents could never meet Din and Grogu, Pierce still could. And that was good enough for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, where do we start?" Din asked me as he checked his blasters, making sure they were in good condition for a fight.

"I read about the locations of different temples in one of the Jedi texts. There are two with temples on the planet Moraband." I said. I didn't necessarily want to travel to what was the homeworld of the Sith, but I don't want to risk placing a sith holocron in a Jedi temple.

Before Din or I could say anything else, the front door hissed open and Pierce stepped into the house with two blasters held in his hands. "They found us." He said in an unsurprisingly calm tone.

My heart jolted in my chest as my mind was   thrown back to when I was 7 years old, laying in my bed as I listened to my parents' panicked voices. The storm troopers were coming and there was nothing I could do to protect my parents from their fate. Just as my thoughts started to spiral out of control, a firm hand landed on my shoulder.

"Cyar'ika. Are you okay?" He asked me firmly

"I'm okay." I nodded, trying to reassure myself more than him.

"Good, because I need you with me." Din said. I nodded and glanced towards the window to see several storm troopers making their way towards our home. My hands immediately found my sabers and I unhooked them from my belt.

I took in a deep breath and stormed towards the open front door. There was no way I was going to let the Empire take another home from me. Not this time. I ignited my sabers as I stepped over the threshold of the door. I gripped the hilts so tightly that my knuckles turned white from the intensity.

"Jedi!" One of the troopers yelled as they raised their blasters towards me. I counted 6 of them. All in matching plastoid armor.

"Blast her!" Another trooper yelled, prompting the men to all begin firing at me. I used my blades to deflect the shots back at the troopers. Two of them fell as the bolts hit them in the chest.

I could hear Din and Pierce coming out behind me as they began to return fire. Pierce and Din both took down a trooper each, leaving two troopers standing. I raised one of my hands and used the force to raise the two stormtroopers into the air. I then quickly dragged them towards me with a force pull, as they flew quickly towards me, I slashed them both with my blades and took them down. The men's bodies landed on either side of me with intense gashes on their sides.

My breathing was heavy as the fight finally ended. It took me a moment to disengage my sabers and reattach them to my belt. The adrenaline and fear was still coursing through me, but I couldn't let it get the better of me. A hand landed gently on my shoulder and I turned around to see Din staring at me with his head tilted to the side ever so slightly.

I let out a deep, shaky breath and stepped forward with my arms outstretched. Din immediately pulled me into his arms and held me tightly to his chest. I allowed myself to relax in the comfort of his embrace for a moment, knowing that we would have to leave right now in order to keep the Empire from getting the Holocron.