X. LOVE

2018

Satoru looks at the mirror for the hundredth time just in the last hour.
"Just looking back at the mirror every minute won't change your stupid face!" I groan as I fall back on the bed with a thud.
"Oh, please! I'm literally breathtaking!" he sighs dramatically with a cocky grin and I can't help laughing.
"Keep dreaming!" my smile faltered a bit and I couldn't help but frown. "Do you really have to leave? It hasn't even been two weeks since I came back..."
"You know I have to.." he smiles softly and looks into my eyes. "..but I'll return, I always do." he hugs me tightly for a short while before letting go.
"Can't you cancel it, just this once?" Just because we said goodbyes all the time didn't make it easier as time went by...
"I can't, love..." he smiles apologetically, "I'm the strongest sorcerer, it's my duty."
"Promise me you'll be back as soon as you can."
He lets out a throaty laugh, "You're not making this easy, N/N!"
"Just answer me..." my voice is barely audible, a low whisper.
He hugs me to his chest, "I promise Y/N... you underestimate your husband, you know? I'm literally the strongest!" he tries to lighten up the mood. "Besides, it's just a week..."
"A week is never just a week...it's always longer.." I keep looking at the ground.
"Don't worry too much, love..." he kisses my forehead, "It'll be over before you know it, I promise..."
I hum in reply and he pulls away. I instantly feel the cold air around my body again, already missing his warmth.
"Ah! I almost forgot!" he says before turning back to look at me. "My beloved wife didn't give me a goodbye kiss~"
"Oh, shut up!" Contrary to my words, I'm smiling like an idiot. He leans down and kisses me, making it last for what seemed like ages. He pulls back and there's a sad smile on his face.
"I'll try to be back early, okay?"
I nod and keep my emotions from spilling out. "Don't worry too much, Toru. Just focus on the work... I'll be fine!"
"Call me right away if anything happens. And tell Megumi if you need anything."
With that he shuts the door after him, leaving me alone in the empty apartment. I look around the living room. It seems to have lost all the color and life from it. The pictures on the wall remind me of all the fun times we had when Megumi still lived here with us. I smile at the memories but my heart ached at the present.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

I'm so sorry I disappeared but I had the craziest writer's block and spent the last few weeks just staring at an empty notes file.... I also had a test :'(((

Anyways here's a small chapter! the manga hit me too hard and it hurts...

Thankyou so so much for all the reads and votes!! Love you guys so much!!! <333