05

𝑺𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒏𝒆, 𝒆𝒑 𝟓

Maya walked through the door of Karen's Cafe. "Haley! I got your text!"

Lucas, who was sitting at the counter, turned in shock as he saw the girl.

Before speaking another word, the girl turned around, walking out the door.

She muttered curses to herself for falling into Haley's trap of getting her and Lucas in the same room. It had been a couple days after the two's fight and they hadn't talked since.

When Lucas then confronted Haley, he turn out she knew too So he also stopped
Talk to her. Haley figured if she got the two together they would talk it and everything between the three would be alright again.

Figured.

Maya wasn't going to apologize because there was nothing for her to apologize for. The entire reason she tutored Nathan was to make sure Lucas didn't get bullied.

And Lucas wasn't going to apologize because he thought she was sneaking around with Nathan behind his back. The defending him, her leaving her bracelet in the car he was driving, it all adds up.

But because the two weren't speaking, he didn't get the truth. The issue of having two very stubborn people very pissed at one another.

"Maya!"

Or maybe not

With a roll of her eyes, she turned around to Lucas. "What?"

"How long are we gonna do this?" Lucas asked. "Until you apologize for barging into my house, screaming at me, and then leaving before I could explain myself." The girl fake smiled.

"You want me to apologize? You're the one who lied to me." Lucas widened his eyes.

"I never lied about anything, because I didn't get to say anything in the first place!" Maya exclaimed. "I mean really, Luke, what if Nathan just gave me a ride? Then what? What if it was just a kind gesture?"

Lucas scoffed. "Because nothing about Nathan is kind."

Maya narrowed her eyes. "And you know that how? You've never sat down and had a conversation with him."

"And obviously you have." Lucas gritted.

Maya ran her hands through her hair from frustration. "God, Lucas!"

Lucas walked closer to her. "Just explain to me why you were with Nathan. After what he's down the last couple of weeks? Why would you get into a car with him?"

Maya crossed her arms.

"Fine. You don't want to tell me, fine."

The boy began to walk away.

Maya rolled her eyes. "God, Fine! You stubborn ass. Yes, he's a dick. Everyone knows that, Canada probably knows that. But what you don't know, is that I promised to tutor him so he'd leave you alone."

The boys face softened. "What?"

"I'm tutoring him for you. So no, I'm not going to apologize. I care about you and if I can do something about making you happy, I'm gonna do it." The girl began to walk away. "Oh, and I don't care if your mad at me. Stop taking this out on Haley, she was just trying to
help"