~Chapter 4

(Small timeskip!)

I had been invited to a garden party my grandparents, who lived in Essex. I didn't exactly want to go, knowing that I barely knew my grandparents, and that they had invited friends and other distant family members, but I was being polite. I had to make a good impression. After all, I didn't want my only relatives in this country to hate me.

I had received no signs from Sleep since I had burnt his letter. Maybe I had finally got rid of him. Or maybe this was the calm before the storm, and he was planning something much more sinister.

Since I had nothing formal to wear, I had taken a trip to a local clothing shop to by a suit for the event the previous day. Only now had I actually tried it on. I stood infront of my mirror, taking this opportunity to fix my raven black hair. The suit was kind of small, but it wasn't too bad.

I checked my watch; I had an hour or so before I had to leave, so I sat down and turned the TV on, switching to the local news channel. The news presenter was droning on about some 'breaking' news:

"There have been a sudden surge in reports of cults coming in and around town in the past few days. A small group of men have been spotted countless times now: they wear masks, with a strange rune-like symbol on them."

A picture of said symbol popped up on the screen. My heart dropped to my stomach and an overwhelming sense if dread washed over me.

It was identical to the symbol on the pendant I had received from Sleep.

Author here, sorry for the short chapter and lack of updates lately, I just had a bit of writer's block :).

Have a good day/night,
-UrLocalSilas

Worship....