He simply raises his glass in greeting.

"You both clean up nice" Elaine compliments.

"Well I don't disagree with you there" Kol replies cockily. He gently grabs the blonde's hand giving it a soft kiss.

"Flattery will get you no were Kol '' she teases.

"Of course not, I'm not as smooth as Niklaus," the vampire pouts.

Elijah wears a smile "that face is certainly not a good look on you brother".

Kols frown deepens "this is why Rebekah is my favorite".

Elijah simply scoffs while Elaine laughs lightly. The three chattered Kol telling Elaine old stories of his siblings while Elijah made comments here and there usually correcting some of Kol's over dramatic parts. The atmosphere felt light as Elaine talked to the original brothers.

"It's time brother" Elijah reminds Kol gently.

Kol rolls his eyes "Well be back in a bit okay" he tells Elaine.

The blonde nods as both brothers walk toward the stairs.

Elaine sips her champagne as Elijah clicks his glass with his spoon. It seemed all the Mikaelson's gathered on the stairs: Rebekah, Elijah, Kol, Klaus, Finn and Ester.

"Welcome" Elijah's voice booms down the crowded room. "Thank you all for joining us, you know when my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance" a beat passes "tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz so if you could all find yourself a partner, please join us in the ballroom" Elijah raises his glass.

✩₊˚.⋆☾⋆⁺₊✧

Klaus quickly made his way down the stairs looking for the blonde. He hadn't seemed to catch her all night and a part of him was scared she hadn't come.

"Looking for someone" a soft voice asks from behind him.

He turns to see Elaine , her beautiful golden hair shining in the light. She wore the dress he had picked for her, a pink ball gown that was draped with flowers and silver glitter. The woman looked stunning.

Klaus smiles lightly. "I was," he says in a voice barely above a whisper. "Would you like to dance? '' he asks, holding out his hand.

Elaine smiles back one of those smiles where her eyes light up and that makes Klaus' heart feel warm.

"Well since you asked so nicely" she puts her hand in his and the hybrid leads her to the dance floor.

Elaine wraps her arms around his shoulders as his soft hand falls into Elaine's as his other grips her waist softly making her heart flutter. The sound of piano and violin started a beautiful tune. Elaine steps following his lead and the two sway to the soft music.

"You look stunning tonight" Klaus comments.

"Thank you, this dress is a special one" the blonde says softly.

Klaus smiles "well I'm sure that the person who gifted it to you thought you were a very special woman".

Elaine laughs lightly. "Still a charmer". Elaine's heart felt light as it seemed the chatter of the people around them faded until it was just the two of them and the light sounds of a piano.

"Isn't that your job now" he asks teasingly referring to the other night.

Elaine huffs in amusement "Well I'm not as good as you".

"I'll just be charming enough for the both of us" the hybrid teases enjoying the way a smile curves on her rosey lips.

"Thank you, for saving Caroline I don't really know what to do without her" the blonde says softly.