IV - 𝚁𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚣𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚜

"Ah, how disappointing," the woman mused once she snatched a glimpse of me

"Ah, how disappointing," the woman mused once she snatched a glimpse of me. "It was sad of me to assume I finally found someone with the same perspective. She just got to get tied, woke up minutes before noon, and with a flustered expression!"

"I apologize." I lowered my head, betting my cheeks were of the color of newly bloomed roses.

The men seemed to have left with only Inumaki Kaia waiting for me in the receiving hall. Like the first time I saw her, she had lesser robes than most noble women would don. Her hair hung behind her freely. Her sharp yet womanly features were free of powder and rouge, uncaring of norms as she was.

"Do not mind me, I was simply jesting." She brushed away my apology with the wave of her hand and patted the space beside her, inviting me to sit. "So, would you tell me why you sent me, specifically, to the head of Gojo clan that day?"

The winds chuckled with playful humor as if teasing the reveal of a plan I barely tried to conceal. It was a mere gesture of help to shorten the distance between her and that Gojo, but only a person sharp enough could catch that. Even without any expectations, she still managed to surprise me.

"I do not know what you are talking about."

Fumi, the maidservant, graced the receiving hall with a tray of dried dates and berries before I could even raise my hand. So much unlike our household where my immediate family, except Sakuya, would treat me like their servant.

"Thank you," I muttered rather bashfully. "Won't you sit down with us, Fumi?"

The maidservant paled, stared as if my words were of the impossible. A small amused chuckle erupted from Kaia's pale lips. Her eyes thinned, irises gazing at me with interest, as she rested her chin on her propped hand. "Aren't you just too kind, Sena?"

I paid her no mind. Fumi bowed deeply and scampered away. "Where are the men?"

"No idea." Kaia raised a brow. "Just so you know, I did not come here for that Gojo. I came here for you."

And I gave him a smile in return. "I do not reckon us being close enough."

The woman rolled her eyes. "Let me live my excuses. Clan matters are suffocating, I need to take a breather. Why not visit a newlywed friend?"

"So you really went with the head of Gojo clan?," I pointed out, driving her to the part she was trying to avoid.

When Kaia frowned and grumbled, I knew I got into her nerves. "He departed ahead of me. We only met halfway when our men rested for the night. I heard he is well-acquainted with Ryomen Sukuna, so he personally came to convey his best wishes."

Ryomen Sukuna and the Gojo clan's head?

"I was not made aware." I pushed the plates to Kaia, offering the dried sweets which I heard were welcoming gifts from the locals. "And I heard there was one more. What's the head of Miura clan doing here in Hida?"

Unmei || Fate || 運命On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara