37 - 𝖺𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗀𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍

Start from the beginning

Daisuke finished slurping another bite from his food. "Because someone has to babysit Kira."

"Bullshit!" 'Bullshit!' Both Rika and Kira exclaimed at the same time.

The silver-haired man's eyebrows shot up in amusement at their reaction. "That is not a language young ladies should be using." He said to them while his tone of voice was slightly playful instead of being strict with them, earning a huff from them before his attention turned to the living room where he heard both Yukio and Tsuki greeting Violet when she finally joined them.

Mephisto had rented them an apartment they'll be staying in for the following couple of days. The place consisted of three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a large open space that formed the kitchen, living room and dining room. In the same open area, they had rearranged the living room in order to install their work station. Violet, Yukio and Tsuki were the only ones that were going to be attending the internship at the laboratory while Daisuke, Kira and Rika will be staying at the apartment monitoring from afar.

"The three of you need to be in the bus station in ten minutes." Daisuke started saying to the teenangers in the living room while he made his way towards the workstation, and picked up three ID cards that were over the desk and gave them to Yukio who was the nearest person to him. "Remember not to blend in and do not cause any trouble. That is why you are not being part of the internship." He reminded them and turned her attention towards Rika when he said the last part.

"Hey!" Rika exclaimed with her mouth quite full from her breakfast. "I can do those things!"

"Sure you do." Violet said to her with a soft smile. "But someone needs to watch over Daisuke and take care of him while we are not here." She added, her words making Rika's ears slightly perk up while she looked the purple-haired girl a little cheer up compared to her pouting self.

"You really love to put ideas in her head." Daisuke murmured one Rika turned his attention back to something the familiar was telling her. "Now she is going to be all over me all day long." He said with a sigh. "Bus in five minutes, all of you out or you're gonna have to walk because I'm not driving you guys there."

"Yeah, yeah..." Tsuki dismissively said to him while picking up his jacket along with his bag from the sofa. "Rika, remember to call Haruhi at noon and don't give Daisuke a headache." He reminded the cat girl before he started to walk out towards the front door, earning an 'okay and no promises' from her.

"Are they always like this?" Yukio quietly asked, making the girl walking right next to him softly laugh and nod at his questions.

"You'll get used to it." Violet said with a tiny smile adorning her lips. "By nature, Daisuke and Rika don't get along but even with their constant disagreements and arguments they still care for each other." She explained before looking up at him. "Sorry you had to get involved in this." Violet softly said to him with an apologetic tone of voice. "The trip to the beach with your brother was probably something you were looking forward to."

"I was surprised when Sir Pheles called me." Yukio started saying, his teal eyes looking ahead of him on the streets where the bus stop was. "But going to the beach is something I can do anytime, and this... being able to see how the pharmaceutical world works behind the scenes was an opportunity I couldn't pass." He said with a tiny smile adorning his lips. "Due to my future goals, this piqued my interest. Rin was a little upset, but then got a little better after I promised him we could do something together before the break is over."

Violet chuckled, already knowing the kind of tantrum the older Okumura tended to throw at his brother if there was something he didn't like or disagree with. "He is going to have a good time under Professor Tsubaki's supervision." She said, making the brunette laugh a little bit. "He is probably going to leave them there once he gives them his assignment for the day." Violet pointed out, earning a hum of agreement from him.