Today, They're Blue

"Well well, if it isn't Konoha's famous new couple... Congratulations," said Inojin, smirking at Boruto and Sarada who were standing in line for burgers.

Boruto casually turned around as if he wasn't on a date. "Oh, Inojin. Long time no see. How was that B rank mission?"

"Wasn't much," he replied, throwing his arms behind his head. He eyed the two through narrowed eyes, turning to his side. "That being said... Isn't this kinda sudden? I thought you two hated each other. What gives?"

Boruto smirked. He threw one arm around Sarada's shoulder and rested his chin on the other. "Jealous?"

Sarada's eyebrow twitch. "Oi. Baka Boruto."

"Hm?"

"Get off me."

Boruto lifted his head. "What's wrong?" And then he noticed her tomato red face. "Hehe," he teased, pulling her back against him and poking her cheek. "Embarrassed?"

A clenched fist rose into the air. "That doesn't even begin to describe it... Idiot!"

Boruto quickly dodged, caught her wrist, made her lose her balance and caught her in a dip. "Hm. I might actually enjoy this more than hiding it, ya know."

Her eyes darted around to all of the surprised onlookers, others holding back their laughter. With a huff, she righted herself, spun on her heel and faced away from him. "You wanted to try the new limited edition burger right? Hurry up and order it."

"Yeah yeah," he said, casually strolling up to the cash register.

"...Somehow, I don't feel like anything changed." Inojin's hands slid into the pockets of his overalls.

And in that moment, a panting Cho-Cho entered the restaurant. "Sa-ra-da!"

Sarada stiffened.

"How could you keep this a secret?! From me! Your best friend! I demand to know everything! All at once!"

"I-I..." She stuttered, at a loss for words, nervously laughing as she backed up. "H-He just... I mean..."

"Since when did you even like him? You always go on about how annoying he is! But I knew you had something going on since your academy days..." Cho-Cho put her face under Sarada's, back bent forward, hand on her hip. "What was it? What made you give in?! Tell me!"

Sarada's face grew increasingly red. "Cho-Cho, can we talk about this later? Maybe not in public?"

"No! This is your punishment for keeping it secret. And if you don't tell me..." An evil smirk crossed her face. "Boruto!" She blinked, batting her eyelashes. "List everything you like about Sarada... In detail!"

"Huh? Everything?"

"Of course!" Her hands folded by her head, smile sickeningly sweet. "If she's your girlfriend, you must have a list of things you love about her, don't you?"

To Sarada's surprise, Boruto's cheeks pinkened. "Sarada is Sarada, ya know? Is there supposed to be anything other than that?"

Cho-Cho's jaw dropped. "What's with that answer?! Not romantic at all... But somehow sweeter than anything you could have said?! I'll take it! Cheers for the happy couple."

"S-Stop!" Sarada stuttered as Cho-Cho shoved her into Boruto's side. "We're in the middle of a restaurant!"

"So? I think everyone here knows the two of you by now... Well? What are you waiting for?" Cho-Cho batted her eyelashes in Sarada's direction. "Go sit at your table for two."

Boruto heaved a sigh. "Come on Sarada, let's go."

She ducked her head and followed after him. "Mm."

"Ah, and while you're here... You might as well sit with us. Better than having you tease us from another booth anyways," he called over his shoulder to Inojin and Cho-Cho.