"Calm yourself, Lotus Prince. I do not come before you as an enemy." With a powerful gaze, she glanced at the bruises that marked his neck. "I had intended to keep myself from this matter and allow you to deal with the choices of your actions. I never thought I would see the day where you forsook your own allegiance... all for a child."

Nezha audibly swallowed, his gaze intensifying. He spoke carefully, uncertain of her intentions, "So what then...? Come to expose me to the Emperor? Resign the child to a fate he doesn't deserve?" He spat.

Guanyin's eyes welled up with an indescribable emotion that Nezha couldn't quite discern. It seemed to be a mixture of remorse and a concealed regret, intertwined in the depths of her gaze. "No," She says quietly. "I knew what the Jade Emperor had done, but I, myself, have never had anything against the Monkey King."

Nezha couldn't help but snort, as it was so obvious. She unintentionally became the guiding force, always lending a helping hand to Wukong on his journey, even with just a fleeting glance. Like a caring mother to the King, forever cleaning up after him. "Yet, you stood by when the fate of his child was decided,"

She gently brought her hands together, placing them in front of her, "To go against the Emperor is treason- as you are aware," She astutely highlights the hypocrisy embedded within his very own words. "I never condone or wished to be a part of his plan- especially when it stems from fear,"

"Fear?" Face twisted into a slight frown as a wave of confusion washed over him. His brows furrowed, and his lips pursed, betraying his inner thoughts and emotions. "Is that why the Emperor chose this as his path?"

Curiosity sparked in her eyes as she arched an eyebrow at him. "You don't... Know, do you?" she realized, a hint of intrigue in her voice.

Nezha's eyebrows knitted together, "You know what?"

"Your loyalty really is something to behold," She murmured in awe, overwhelmed by a mixture of wonder and a touch of pity, "Did you never wonder why the Emperor wished to rid the world of the boy?"

Nezha adjusted his balance, "I always thought it was due to his own hatred for Monkey King. Or some worry that his children would grow to be as powerful or more so than him," Of course, he didn't question it. Or maybe he just didn't want to. How could he lie to the man who had given his life purpose and embraced him when the rest of the world turned away? It was a complex situation, deeply entwined with where his loyalties truly lay.

For years, Nezha never questioned the path he had chosen. However, as the Emperor began to grow cold in recent years, Nezha felt a subtle fracture within his chest. It was a yearning for the past, mingled with a fear of what the future might bring.

"You aren't completely wrong," She nodded and gracefully settled into a seat. "The Emperor has always held a grudge for the Monkey, but never enough to spur the murder of an infant. Even if they were at war." She gracefully waved her hand, conjuring a kettle of fragrant tea and a delicate tea cup that materialized before her. With a welcoming gesture, she invited Nezha to take a seat and join her. Despite his initial reluctance, he begrudgingly settled into the chair and accepted the proffered cup. As he brought it close, the aroma of exquisite jasmine wafted gently, captivating his senses.

He took a quiet sip before saying, "If that wasn't the case, then what was it?" What had scared the Celestial court so much that they all agreed on the erasure of an innocent child?

"If the Emperor hasn't told you, then I'm afraid I cannot answer,"She delicately lifted the teacup to her lips, savoring the warmth and flavor as the liquid touched her tongue. "I have been sworn to secrecy on the matter," As he prepared to question why, she swiftly provided an explanation. "This was something I swore 100 years ago."