New Fabrications (Natasha's POV)

It's a serene and sunny morning in March, and I bask in the gentle caress of the sun's warm rays on my face. I find myself in that perfect moment, somewhere between sleep and wakefulness. It's a comforting feeling, and I silently hope that this blissful interlude will stretch on forever, untouched by the impending arrival of my classes.

As my thoughts wander, I begin to ponder the nature of studying itself. What's the purpose of it all? Why must we immerse ourselves in books and lectures? I briefly entertain the notion of ignoring my responsibilities and continuing to indulge in this peaceful slumber. Do I truly need success in life?

My eyes flutter as my imagination takes hold. I'm transported to a flowery meadow, clad in my pajamas, feeling the chill in the air being chased away by the sun's radiant warmth. I stand there, absorbing the beauty of the scene, when a figure begins to approach me.

The person draws nearer, and I strain to make out the details: brown hair, a tall and robust frame, and hazel eyes. It's hazy at first, but then it becomes clear. Is it? Noah?!

Suddenly, I'm jolted awake, sitting upright in bed. My hair is a disheveled mess, and my heart races from the vivid dream. I take a moment to collect myself and mutter in disbelief, "Noah?! Out of all the dreams, it had to be about Noah?!" It's a realization that leaves me feeling like I might have lost my mind.

My sudden awakening roused Lily from her slumber as well. Considering our penchant for sleeping in until the very last second, my early rise had her concerned.

"Nats? Are you okay?" she inquired, sitting up in her bed, her eyes filled with worry.

I was still attempting to slow my racing heart as I replied, "Y-yes, Lils. It was just a bad...no, a good dream...no, a bad dream." My words stumbled as I tried to regain my composure.

Lily looked at me, utterly bewildered. "Nats, what did you see that you can't even decide if it's good or bad?"

I gave a somewhat disappointed look, my gaze dropping. "Um, it started off as an extremely heavenly dream," I admitted with a twinkle in my eyes, "but then... I don't know why Noah was there." My voice held a sense of wonder and confusion.

Lily's confusion deepened. "Noah? Noah who?"

I let out an exasperated sigh, not hiding my annoyance. "Lils, Noah. That arrogant guy who's obsessed with trap music and loves colliding with me." Disgust crept into my expression.

Lily's drowsiness evaporated instantly. "Ohhhh! That Noah!" she exclaimed playfully. "What in the world, Nats?! He introduced himself to me, but YOU remember his name... and you're dreaming about him now?!" She couldn't resist teasing me about my unexpected interest in our notorious enemy 

Her playful remark left me feeling a tad embarrassed. "Aa- First of all, I have no control over whoever I see in my dreams, and - I once even saw my Aunt Alicia in my dreams. She's the biggest bully of all time. Even her family doesn't like her... does that mean I have a crush on my Aunt too?" I rambled, overexplaining myself.

Lily couldn't resist teasing me further. "Damn, Nats, I never said anything about you having a crush on anyone, but jeez!" She said with a mischievous grin. "But you made it seem like that - anyway, we're getting late for class," I tried to shift the conversation.

"Late?" Lily looked at the clock, which clearly indicated we had an hour and a half until class. "Well, I have no interest in getting ready an hour early for class, but sure, you go ahead." She lay back down in her bed, tucking herself in and managing to roast me at the same time. 

Despite the playful conversation and the silliness of the dream, it left me somewhat concerned about why I had dreamt of him. I would have begrudgingly accepted it even if the dream had been set in the depths of hell, with him suddenly appearing. But it had been one of the most beautiful dreams I'd ever had, featuring none other than the guy I absolutely loathed, Noah. When did I even start calling him by his first name? To me, he was still just "that arrogant guy obsessed with trap music," and nothing more. I reassured myself, trying to dismiss the strange dream from my thoughts.