"Team two is Hann, James, Lang and Whittaker. Team three is Ryan, York, Carey and West." He pushed three pieces of paper into the table, splitting them off toward the different teams. "These are your maps, above and below London. I want team one in central and east London, team two in the west and north and team three in the south. You leave at 19:00 so I suggest you get packing. We don't know how long this will take. Rescue and extract, and get any threats off of their backs as we try and cover the damage from here." He then passed out ear pieces and different comms equiptment.

"What about Barnes?" Your face told him blatently how unimpressed you were. The thought of a mission with him and no deadline made your skin prick with anxiety.

"What about him? He's already being prepped over at the Avengers compound. I've told him to be here for 18:00. I want you to meet him at the doors, Jen. Introduce him to the team and give him a rundown of what's going on."

"I thought he was being prepped?" Your tone growing sarcastic. Nick rolled his eyes. "Yes, but he dosen't have the maps and plans. He needs them from us."

"Fine. 18:00, got it."

"Dismissed."

You got up and walked back to the car park, racing back home to pack atleast a weeks worth of supplies - clothes, toiletries, rations and electronics. Of course, when you walk into the building Bucky was there too.

"So we're working together now, hm?"

"Looks like it." His voice was snappy, almost as if he didn't want this conversation to carry on. This pissed you off.

"Well leave your attitude at the door, James. We have work to do."

"My name is Bucky."

"Whatever, Chucky. 18:00, don't be late." You laughed internally as he let out a growl, you slamming your door behind you. Atleast you had enough time to chill out and grab a quick nap before you headed back out. You packed your bag and had a brief shower, setting an alarm for 4:30pm and getting into bed afterward, reading the time from your phone and then putting it back down. 7:24am. You could get away with 5 hours of extra sleep.

You started to stir just after 12, getting up and going to make yourself a coffee - which was interrupted by a harsh knock on the door. You grabbed the fluffy white robe from the back of the bedroom door and put it on, before opening the door almost shocked at who it was.

"Ah, Plucky, what can I do for you?" You fought to keep your composure and a straight face, but you were laughing so hard internally that it was almost difficult to hide it.

"You can stop that now." He snapped. "I brought you coffee, thought if we're gonna be on a mission together that we need to stop being so harsh."

"You need to stop being so harsh on me, you mean." You opened your door wider, inviting him in.

"Yeah, okay whatever. I didn't know how you had yours so I just got you a black coffee and you can add your own stuff."

"Thanks, that'll do. Make yourself at home." You pointed your hand in the direction of your couch as you pulled some oat milk from the fridge and splashed a small amount into the to-go cup. "Has anybody briefed you yet?"

"Nope. No idea what we're up against. Guessing you do?"

"The Chitauri - Loki and his little pals. Demolished almost the whole of London overnight and now we're left to pick up the pieces. I'd of said this was more suited for you and your superhero friends but, apparently not. Why did they add you to the team?" You turned around, leaning back into the open kitchen counter and taking a sip of your coffee.