Epilogue: Taehyung's Happy Ending

"Is there something wrong, sir?" the barista asked, her warm smile reflecting the cozy atmosphere of the coffee shop.

"I'm sorry, it's just that...you look exactly like my girlfriend," Taehyung said, his voice tinged with surprise and nostalgia.

"Ahhh, really?" Ruby replied, her eyes widening in curiosity.

"Mhmm..." Taehyung began to tear up, memories flooding back.

"Huh? Sir? Omo, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Ruby asked, concern evident in her tone.

"Sorry, I just..." Taehyung struggled to compose himself.

"Take some tissue, sir," Ruby offered him tissues from behind the counter.

"Thank you....Ruby? Was it?" Taehyung said, accepting the tissues with a grateful nod.

"Ahh, yes," Ruby confirmed.

"Do you want to take a seat, sir?" she suggested, gesturing toward an empty table.

Taehyung nodded, following her lead. "Here you go," Ruby said, placing a menu in front of him.

"Thank you," Taehyung replied as he took a seat.

"So, tell me more about your girlfriend," Ruby inquired, her friendly demeanor putting Taehyung at ease.

"Oh, her name's Jennie," Taehyung began, a fond smile forming on his face. "She was so beautiful."

"Was?" Ruby asked, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"Mhmm, she committed suicide," Taehyung admitted, his voice heavy with sorrow.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't—" Ruby started.

"It's fine," Taehyung interrupted gently. "It's been a while."

"Well, I'm sorry for making you remember," Ruby said sympathetically.

"No, no, it's fine, really," Taehyung assured her.

"Uhm so, do you want a drink, my treat?" Ruby offered kindly.

"Are you sure?" Taehyung hesitated.

"Of course," Ruby insisted with a warm smile.

"How about I treat you instead?" Taehyung suggested, wanting to return the kindness.

"How about I treat you, and you treat me?" Ruby proposed, a playful glint in her eye.

"Sounds fair, alright," Taehyung agreed, feeling grateful for this unexpected connection.

As the months passed, Taehyung and Ruby continued to keep in touch. Their initial encounter in the coffee shop had blossomed into a genuine friendship. They exchanged messages, shared stories, and even met up for coffee regularly, turning the coffee shop into their special meeting place.

Their conversations were a comforting respite from the busyness of life, and their friendship provided a source of support for both of them. Taehyung found solace in talking about Jennie with someone who listened without judgment, and Ruby appreciated having a friend who brought warmth and laughter into her life.

Their connection grew stronger with time, and it seemed as if fate had brought them together that day in the coffee shop.

In the midst of their friendship, as time continued to pass, Ruby found herself falling in love with Taehyung. However, this newfound emotion weighed heavily on her conscience, making her feel guilty.

"JUST SAY IT!" Taehyung urged one day, sensing something was amiss in Ruby's demeanor.

"BUT IT'S SO WRONG," Ruby confessed, her voice quivering with uncertainty.

"I DON'T CARE, JUS—" Taehyung began to insist.

"I LOVE YOU," Ruby blurted out, unable to contain her feelings any longer.

"...what..?" Taehyung was taken aback, his expression a mix of surprise and confusion.

"I. LOVE. YOU. OKAY?!" Ruby reiterated, her words filled with raw honesty. "I SAW HOW YOU LOVED JENNIE, AND I— I KNOW YOU STILL LOVE HER, AND I DON'T WANT TO RUSH THINGS. I KNOW YOU'RE STILL HURTING, AND I WANT TO HELP YOU, BUT I GOT CARRIED AWAY, AND I JUST— I CAN'T."

"Ruby..." Taehyung began to speak softly, but she interrupted him.

"NO, NO! DON'T."

"I love you too..." Taehyung finally admitted, his voice sincere and filled with emotion.

"DON'T SAY YOU LOVE ME, THIS FEELS WRONG. DON'T LOVE ME BECAUSE I LOVE YOU, LOVE ME BECAUSE YOU LOVE ME."

(a/n: yes, this is a Barcelona reference 🤭🤭)

"I DO LOVE YOU," Taehyung insisted, his words carrying the weight of his true feelings.

"IS IT BECAUSE WE LOOK THE SAME..?" Ruby questioned, tears streaming down her face.

"It's because you were there when I needed you, you helped me. And I love you for that," Taehyung confessed.

Ruby cried, overwhelmed by the mix of emotions, and Taehyung pulled her into a warm and comforting hug, their hearts entwined in a complicated but genuine love.

A/N:

Heyoo,
Sorry for the short chapter!! So yeaaa taehyung got his happy ending!! Stay tuned; Ruby's Message.

—rarabanana