Broken Leg

Requested by @/JaydeDog

It's been 2 weeks since Branch broke his leg, very, very badly. What started as a simple, but effective brother-bonding experience turned into two weeks of laying, doing nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Branch was in his bunker in his bedroom lying down, bored out of his mind. Now, normally, he never had boring days considering there was always so much to do, but considering the small options with his "very" damaged leg, all he could do was lie down, doing nothing. Well, at least he's not alone.

F: "Hey, I made some pie." Floyd spoke in a soft voice as he held a brand-new, baked cherry pie out of the oven.

B: "Thanks, Floyd, I needed that." Branch replied, standing straight up. He grabbed Floyd's hand as he helped him walk to the kitchen to try Floyd's cherry pie.

F: "Just letting you know, I-I haven't baked anything in years, so, this may taste bad." Floyd spoke as he cut a slice of pie, hearing the nice crunch of the pie crust, indicating it was baked thoroughly. Floyd grabbed a spoon and carefully tasted the pie, which only led to him slamming the table with his other hand.

B: "FLOYD! ARE YOU OKAY? IS IT THAT BAD?" Branch shouted, worried his older brother needed to throw up or not. That's why he wished his leg wouldn't be broken, so he could help. Branch heard Floyd sniffing, and immediately started panicking, Floyd was crying.

B: "F-Floyd? A-Are you okay?" Branch stuttered with his words, crying to keep a calm voice so Floyd wouldn't panic.

F: "I'm just, so proud of myself 🥺🥺🥺" Floyd, having his face wet with fresh tears, gave Branch a spoon so he could try the pie. Branch, looking at Floyd, who is the only brother he could fully trust, scooped up a chunk of pie. Immediately after eating it, Branch gasped in joy, for Floyd's cherry pie was the greatest thing he'd ever tasted in a while. And even he knew how to bake a pie.

Immediately after, both Branch and Floyd heard the Bunker elevator coming down, and coming down was Clay, holding bags, and bags of groceries from the Troll Village market.

C: "Hey Floyd, I got the stuff!" Clay shouted and immediately got spooked seeing Branch awake. For he remembered last seeing Branch unconscious after the accident. Which included Branch getting hit by a large stone from the Trollings. Clay immediately ran up to him and gave him a small hug, good thing Branch hugged back in return.

B: "Clay? Where's John and Spruce? And, *Branch smells some cherry plums* what did you bring?"

C: "It's a surprise. Oh, and I heard John and Spruce are having what I quote OSBT. Or Older Sibling Bonding Time. Anyway, how's your leg? Is it feeling better?"

B: "I mean, it's better than 2 weeks ago. It still hurts when I walk. Also, I'm sorry I missed your sad book club meeting about The Hunchback of Notre Dame." Branch already feeling guilty that he missed his brother's book club meeting promised to stop by.

C: "Don't be, you'll have a chance to read all the books in the world. They're not going anywhere." It's a good thing Clay was in his fun mode, unlike his serious mode. Branch had to get used to seeing accounting papers on his desk since Clay was staying over doing the financial stuff for Putt Putt Villiage.

F: "Anyway, how's your girlfriend?" Floyd smirked slightly, already trying to have Clay spill the beans.

B: "Wait? A girlfriend? Wow, I honestly thought you could never pull off that. Good for you I guess?" Branch already joining and siding along with Floyd. However, Clay was not having it as he grumbled and mumbled to himself.

C: "Out of all of us, I seriously thought you wouldn't agree to the rumors. RUMORS I SAY FOOL!" Clay shouted as he was chopping up some vegetables.
"How many times I have to say this, Viva is my co-worker, I do the financial buzz and she makes the place a fun and spectacular place. We are not a thing!" Clay calmly spoke this time, hoping his brothers, mostly Branch would side with him.

F: "Uh, no offense Clay, but if you don't remember, Viva is Poppy's sister."

C: "So? What does that have to do with the rumors?" Clay asked, hoping and slightly praying that the question stumped them.

B: "I mean, me and Poppy were in the friend zone once, but, look at us now. I think you and Viva will be the same." Branch smirked alongside Floyd. Clay mumbled, trying his best not to burst out his annoyance.

C: "Okay, let this cook for about 15 minutes, I need to do some taxes." Clay said as he immediately went back into his serious mode and barged into Branch's office, which consisted of a second bedroom in case the first one broke.

F: "Didn't you-" Before Floyd could finish, Clay shut the door behind him. But he paid attention to Branch in case he needed anything. However, his face softened, and looked sad.

F: "Hey, what's wrong?" Floyd was not only the closest brother to Branch, but he was also a close friend from time to time.

B: "I guess it's just, that I'm missing out so much already. Like, I know that I'll walk again, but, I feel like another responsibility for you guys, just when I was, much smaller. Does that make sense?"

F: "I think what you trying to say is that you feeling like a burden." Floyd whispered the last part, not in a bad way. Branch only responded with a sigh, and that was Floyd's cue to stop talking. Floyd knows boundaries.

F: "I think you should get some rest. Just to clear your mind." Branch nodded in response, feeling his social battery dying down and feeling the urge to collapse and do nothing. Floyd helped him get up and took him to his room.

F: "Oh, here's some water if you need it. And don't forget, you are not a burden. Everyone needs someone to take care of, but, I know you'll be back on your feet, eventually." Floyd smiled, as he closed the door, making sure his brother was in complete and total silence.

A/N: I AM SO SORRY I DISAPPEARED FOR LIKE 4-5 MONTHS. BEEN TRYING TO HIDE AWAY FROM SPOILERS, BUT SINCE I'VE ALREADY WATCHED THE MOVIE, I HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT! DON'T WORRY, I STILL TAKE REQUESTS AND I WON'T POST ANY ONESHOTS REVEALING SPOILERS UNLESS YALL WANT TO!