six | new addition

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to see her play with kids her age." Divina adds.

"And how is she coping with... everything?" Wednesday asked, referring to her abilities.

Yoko and Divina exchanged a glance. They knew that Cordelia's supernatural abilities could be both a gift and a challenge. Neither one of them was a witch, so they couldn't give the little girl advice. And they couldn't get advice from their friends because their kids hadn't gotten any supernatural abilities yet.

"She's learning to embrace her powers, slowly but surely." Yoko responds.

"That's good." Eugene responds.

As the evening went on, Cordelia seemed to get more comfortable in the Addams house. The four kids started to get tired, and their parents noticed.

"Thank you for today," Divina said, her eyes gleaming with gratitude. Yoko and Cordelia waited by the door, along with Eugene and his family.

Enid smiled warmly. "You're both very welcome. Cordelia is a special addition to this family, we need to plan another day to hangout!"

"Definitely, how does next weekend sound?" Sophie asked the group.

"Good for us." Yoko adds, Enid agrees with the vampire.

Atlas turned to Cordelia, her eyes heavy from feeling tired. "Cordelia, it was so much fun! I hope we can do it again soon."

"Me too. I'll see you guys later." She smiled.

Dante and Jack exchanged a shy grin, their budding friendship evident in their shared glances. "Thanks for letting me play with your toys, Dante," Jack said.

Dante's eyes brightened. "You're welcome, Jack. I'll see you later." He said quietly.

With final waves, the children and adults say their farewells. The Addams watched as the Tanakas and Ottingers exited the house.

___

In the weeks that followed, playdates between the children became a regular routine. Cordelia's presence brought an added layer of magic to the household, her witchy abilities blending well with the energies of the Addams.

Atlas and Cordelia's friendship blossomed into something truly special. They spent hours exploring the nooks of the Addams estate. They were both obsessed with the idea of magic. Atlas hoped she'd develop the same abilities as her Mama. Especially since Cordelia was already able to use her witch powers already.

Dante and Jack, though quieter in nature, found solace in their shared interests. The two boys didn't quite like the idea of magical creatures. They did share the same DNA as lycanthropes, Jack's mother is a werewolf, so he was definitely going to be getting werewolf features soon. For Dante they weren't sure what he and his sister would get, since both their parents shared different abilities.

One evening, as the sun went below the horizon, Enid and Wednesday and their friends sat together in the garden. They watched as Atlas, Dante, Cordelia, and Jack played in the fading light, their laughter echoing through the air.

Enid, Wednesday, Yoko, Divina, Sophie, and Eugene sat in a circle, their laughter echoing within the Addams garden.

Yoko being Yoko, couldn't resist teasing Wednesday. "So, Wednesday, any new tales of crypt explorations and wolf vanquishing?" She laughed, quoting one of Wednesday's earlier books.

Wednesday arched an eyebrow, her lips turning in a mischievous  smile. "Perhaps our little devils would like to hear a tale of when I explored ancient crypts and vanquished a wolf that tried to kill me?"

Enid sighed, "Well I guess they're old enough now, but don't scare them babe!"

Divina chimed in, "Oh Delia would love to hear that story, she's always asking Yoko to tell her about our Nevermore days."

"I wish I went to school with you guys. Your stories are crazy, I can't believe you guys went through all that." Sophie tells the group.

Eugene puts his arm around his wife, " You're not missing much. After a while it all calmed down, right Wednesday?"

Wednesday was about to respond but a certain vampire cut her off.

"Yea because she was so whipped for Enid! Man, you should have seen them, they were attached to the hip." Yoko laughed. Divina couldn't contain her smirk.

Enid looked over at Yoko, "Oh hush, you're not any better. It took you ages to actually ask out Divina." She responded, making the vampire's face go red. The group laughed at them.

As the night settled around them, the Addams household continued to be filled with laughter and joy. As the kids continued to play in the night, the adults continued to swap stories about Nevermore, and their own childhoods.

___

because of the short chapter today, i'm going to publish another one later on, so there will be two for this week!

hope everyone has had an amazing week! - ratz