five | school and friendships

The morning sun was bright, casting a glow onto the Addams household. Inside the house was filled with anticipation. Today was an important day. Atlas and Dante were starting their first day of school.

Enid moved around the kitchen, preparing breakfast for the kid's big day ahead. Wednesday sat at the table, waiting for the kids to arrive. They both insisted that they could get ready themselves. Her little devils were growing up.

Atlas and Dante walked down the stairs, both in their school uniforms. They were similar to Nevermore's, except they didn't have the blazers. Instead, the purple school logo sat on their white button ups. Both their heads had messy hair, both Enid and Wednesday always did their hair before they left the house. Their jet black hair with blonde streaks was a perfect combination of their mother's. Of course this would usually be unusual, but they did live in an outcast town.

"Good morning, my darlings," Enid greeted them with enthusiasm. She placed their breakfast in front of them as they sat at the table. They both said a quick 'good morning' to their mothers before they started eating.

"Thank you mommy." Dante says. Atlas just stuffs her face with pancakes. Enid chuckles at the little girl.

Enid sat down at the table with her family. "So today is a special day! You're going to learn new things and have so much fun." She told them. "Oh and make new friends!"

Wednesday looked up from the newspaper she was currently reading, "Or enemies."

Atlas giggled at her Mama."Yay, I can't wait!" Atlas said excitedly. Wednesday smirked at her daughter's enthusiasm.

Dante sat there with a worried look, "I don't want to make enemies." He pouted.

Enid smiled at the boy, "Don't worry baby, Mama was just kidding, right?" She asked Wednesday. She looked over at her wife and gave her a look.

Wednesday sighed, "Yes I was kidding, you don't have to make enemies...yet."

Atlas giggled again.

The twins were total opposites. Atlas was a carbon copy of Enid. She was very energetic and talkative. But she was also like Wednesday, she definitely had her dark sense of humor. Even her style was a mixture of Wednesday and Enid. The girl always wore pink and black.

And Dante, well he was much different. The boy is really quiet and keeps to himself, similar to his Mama. That's why they had such a strong bond. He was also very shy, he often was afraid to speak up, which isn't like Wednesday at all. He was also very sensitive, Atlas was always sticking up for her big brother.

"Why do I need to make new friends? I already have Jack." Dante said to his parents.

Jack was Euegne and Sophie's son. Jack and the twins were really close. But he is a year younger than them, so he would be able to start school with them.

"Yes you do but you can have more than one friend." Enid explained.

The raven looked down at her watch and noticed the time, "Okay little devils, time to leave." Wednesday announced.

Enid helped the twins grab their backpacks before they headed out the door. The ride there was very quick. They all exited the car and headed toward their class. They walked into the school, the lively chatter of children and parents filling the air. The atmosphere was chaotic but somewhat welcoming.

In the bustling hallway, they found Atlas and Dante's classroom. The door stood open inviting parents and children inside. Enid had to be quick because she had to go over to her second grade class.

Enid knelt beside them, "Okay, my darlings, have fun today okay. And don't forget to make some friends!"

"Okay Mommy." They both replied.