Eric- Somethings Don't Stay Secret *A*

*Loose interpretation of Season 2 Episode 13. Is this military accurate, absolutely not. *

"When an eel bites your thigh and you bleed out and die that's a moray." She sang through the comms.

"Goddamnit woman would you shut up!" Sonny grumbled back.

It was already bad enough being off the coast of North Korea but having to shimmy through torpedo tubes was atrocious. Sonny hated it and wouldn't stop talking about sharks. She had a fear of small spaces and dealt with it by teasing Sonny. Everyone waited their turn to get depressurized and out of the tubes.

"Come on Y/n take it easy on the poor squirt." Ray snorted a laugh but it was easy for him to say so, he, Jason, and Clay were already out.

"Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo," she snickered evilly. "Baby shark doo doo doo doo doo doo."

"Kiss my waterlogged Texas ass!" Sonny grinned as his tube opened Clay helped to pull him out. "Ha ha suck it you devil woman!!"

The moment Sonny's feet hit the steel floor the submarine shook. Alarms were ringing out everywhere. 'General quarters' being blared for all to hear. Jason and the boys had no choice but to watch in fear as the sub powered down shorting out the locking mechanism on the hatch of her torpedo tube.

"This is the worst joke ever Hayes, open the hatch." Her laughter was uncomfortable in the silence.

"Not a joke Y/n," Jason paused glancing worriedly at the others. "You're stuck."

"Fuck." The word started out soft and low just like her panic. "FUCK!!!" Her scream echoed through the comms sending a chill straight up the spine of all who heard it. 

Jason had started to raise hell trying to find solutions to get her out but it was futile. Not a single sailor on that vessel was willing to disobey a direct order. No one would listen as he raised his voice, damn near close to throwing punches if that's what it took when Blackburn came rushing into the room.

Eric could feel it, could feel her panic leeching its way through the metal hatch. Inhaling deeply; his focus on the circular door before him. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. She wasn't supposed to be there but Metal had a broken arm, Brock was still in the hospital from their last spin up and Trent was still rehabbing a knee injury.

He knew her too well, knew that she would have her eyes closed. Eric had gotten her through a few panic attacks in their time but this would no doubt be the worst. It wasn't a fear she liked the world to know, she didn't want it broadcast for the whole base to know.

The first time it happened was during a joint team training course. Her team had been working in tandem with Bravo. She was geared up and ready to dive when Sonny volunteered her to play the victim in the pool locked in a makeshift plane. A water recovery simulation that took longer than it should have but Sonny seemed hellbent on making her suffer.

Eric knew something was wrong when Jason pulled her out. The haunted blank stare in her eyes, the off-set blink of her eyes. One would slowly blink closed and open before the other would do the same. The simulation carried on around them with others serving as the target, but Eric could only focus on the way she swayed.

Her body moved in slow motion, limbs not reacting the way they should have. He could see the tremble in her fingers trying and failing to remove her goggles. Unable to grip hold on the zipper of her wetsuit. He ushered her away without another word and into a secluded room.