Chapter 5: Dream Big

Author note: There is New York City and top is Statue of Liberty

Author note: There is New York City and top is Statue of Liberty. This chapter is gonna be a little short, but next chapter is gonna be longer. 

Yvonne age of 16 thru 20.

I'm finally almost growing to young lady after The Combs family adopted me. I'm now sweet 16 and I now in high school finally after been home schooled in a long time. I was in the living room and watch All That Jazz, and then watch another movie Carmen Jones. Dorothy Dandrige became first African American woman to be nominate for a Oscar, but she didn't win. She is my favorite. May her Rest Her Soul. I started singing in the living room and then I went to listening to Jazz music like Billie Holiday, when Diana Ross potrayal the role and earn a Oscar nomination in Lady Sings The Blues. and a lot of artists like Diana Ross and The Supremes, Chaka Khan, Gladys Knight and the Pips and my favorite female artist is Phyllis Hyman. YES! Phyllis Hyman. My adopted parents listen all the records on record players all the time. I started singing her classic" Somewhere in My Lifetime. She cried when she saw me singing.

"Yvonne, You're sing so beautiful."

"Thanks, I was just singing that song. She is been my favorite."

"She is amazing. That is what you're wanna do? Right?"

"You know, I'll been dreaming about what I wanna do I was a little girl."

"Like what?"

"I wanna be a singer, dance and sing broadway."

"It's been a long time."

My mom works at the restaraunt. She was a club singer before she went to college, but now she is as a music teacher in school and my adopted father was a Deacon at church. 

"How about you come down there after school and sing front of the customers? 

I was stunned about my mom give me idea. But I love it. I got concerns.

"Do you're they will like me?"

"Well, you're not at the Apollo right now."

"Oh good! Yes I will do it."

"Great! I will pick you up after school."

"If I don't have homework, I will be ready. Hope they like me."

"Don't worry."

Author note: Told you is gonna be short. How well she will do? Stay tuned for the next chapter.