"Wait!" Madeleine reached for him as he stood up. Their eyes met. Espresso looked terrified. Madeleine stood there, confused. "Do... Do your parents hurt you..?" He whispered with fear in his voice.

"No," Espresso insisted. "They're just strict." He picked up his backpack and started to walk out of his bedroom.

"Please, wait, Espresso!" Madeleine grabbed him by his wrist to stop him from leaving. "Just stay a little longer, okay?" Madeleine was really worried about him. Ever since they met, Espresso always got a little nervous when his parents were brought up. If his parents did hurt him, Madeleine didn't want Espresso near them.

Espresso hesitated before slowly nodding. It was obvious he didn't want to go back to his parents either. He took him back to his bed where he sat Espresso next to him.

Espresso fidgeted with his fingers. "They don't hurt me," He said again. "They're just strict. Nothing more." He didn't want him to know his parents hurt him. Madeleine would probably hate him if he knew.

Madeleine nodded, saying nothing.

An awkward silence filled the room as the two sat together. After a while, Espresso leaned his head against Madeleine's shoulder. He looked down at him to see his eyes beginning to close. Madeleine smiled. "Are you tired?"

Espresso yawned before nodding.

Madeleine pulled a blanket over them, holding Espresso close. He leaned against him as well, and his eyes began to close too. He let sleep overtake him.

Espresso shifted in the bed slightly. He was very comfortable, more comfortable than normal. He felt warmer and safer like someone was wrapping his arms around him and loving him.

He smiled. Perhaps he was still dreaming.

His eyes opened to see Madeleine, asleep and hugging him tightly. Espresso gasped as he tried to push him away, but Madeleine was holding him too tight. A blush spread across his face. "Damn it, Madeleine..." He mumbled to himself. It felt nice to be in his arms.

Espresso reached for his phone, checking the time. It was 6:30 on a Saturday, so luckily he didn't have school today. He sighed as he set his phone back down. He couldn't believe he had just slept over at Madeleine's house without telling his parents. They would be really, really mad.

As much as he knew he needed to get out of Madeleine's house and back to his parents as soon as possible, being wrapped in Madeleine's arms felt so comforting. After a quick moment of hesitation, Espresso slowly cuddled closer to his warm body. He honestly couldn't remember the last time someone had hugged him, besides Latte. It felt good.

He buried his head in his chest, smiling as he blushed. He looked up at Madeleine's face. Madeleine looked so beautiful while he slept. Espresso felt his heart flutter as he stared at his face. Madeleine was so perfect. He looked so peaceful and stunning. And he smelled amazing.

After a few minutes of staying in Madeleine's warm embrace, the looming fear of staying too long from his parents got too much to handle, and he slowly pushed his arms off him, trying not to wake him up.

He grabbed his phone and backpack and walked down the hall and towards the front door. He started to unlock it but Madeleine's mother stepped out of the kitchen. "Oh, Espresso! I didn't know you were still here, I thought you went home last night." She smiled at him as she took a sip of coffee.

Espresso looked back at her. "Yeah, sorry, I accidentally fell asleep."

"Don't be sorry!" She smiled. "There's no need to be sorry, dear. Do you need me to drive you home? I'm more than happy to."