Chapter 5: Meeting the godsister

31st October 1993

POV Harry:

It was the day of Hogsmeade and Halloween, also Ron and Hermione have already left, Hermione had wanted to stay, but I told her to keep an eye on Ron.

After they left, the twins ambushed me and gave me a magical map of Hogwarts which tells where everyone is. They also said something about being able to avoid their little siblings, which means the twins know and they are against their mother.

I look down at the map to go search Luna, but then I see the name 'Peter Pettigrew', so he really is alive and he probably is Scabbers. I should tell Remus before going to search Luna.

I go to Remus' office just to see Snape leaving it, he sneers at me and then leaves. He was probably angrier at me as I have done every potion perfectly lately. I enter the office to see Remus drinking a potion, probably because of the full moon.

- Ah, Ri- Harry. - he corrects himself, probably because we can't be sure that Snape has really left. - What are you doing here?

I take the map, which Remus seems to recognize, I then show him Peter.

- So, he really is alive and here. - Remus seems between angry and relieved.

- Can we really trust the map? - I ask a bit skeptical.

- The map never lies, Sirius, your father and I were the ones who made it, well along with Pettigrew.

Ah, so one of the twins' heroes is teaching them and they don't have any idea.

- What do we do now? - I ask.

- We would have to let Sirius make the first step as we don't even know if he is here.

I nod and after a few more words I leave the office to go in search of Luna, who seems to be in the third corridor.

I approach her from behind, but before I can make my presence known she starts to talk.

- I was waiting for you, Rigel. - she says in a dreamy voice.

- How did you know? - I ask curiously.

- The nargles told me. - she replies.

So, she was a seer, I had read a bit about that and it is also the reason for why I didn't take divination, as I don't have any gift like that I wouldn't be able to learn much, only the basics.

- Did they also tell you that I prefer to go by Harry? - I ask as a way of telling her to not call me Rigel where everyone can hear.

- Yes, sorry Harry, but I wanted to call you by your name the first time that we met.

- It's okay. So, what are you doing here? - I ask and she signals to the ceiling where a pair of shoes can be seen dangling from a cord, I look at her feet to see that she wasn't wearing any shoes and I immediately realize what's happening. - Who did this?

- The nargles like to play sometimes. - so she didn't want to talk about that.

I bring her shoes to her and then ask her to go to another place.

In the end we go to one of the unused classrooms and we talk a bit about our parents, Luna probably already knew why I originally wanted to talk to her, because even if I wanted to meet her as she is my godsister, I also wanted to know more about my mother.

Luna talked about how her mother always talked about her best friend which had died some time ago and that had a son who was around the same age as Luna, she also talked about her mother's death and how she had seen it, so I decided to talk about how the dementors made me remember about the day that my father and godmother died.