• Chapter 22 • Together

Start from the beginning

I furrowed my eyebrows before asking

"What did he tell you?"

Victor leaned back before speaking

"Well, he told me that how your company is bound to be dusted because you're always stuck in some other matters."

He air quoted the words 'other matters' and it only made me ask him for clarification

"Well, let's say that you're always in spotlight with your rival, ahh, what's her name, Anastasia?"

I clenched my jaw. He didn't just pull her in this mess.

"She has nothing to do with me or my company."

But Victor didn't buy it and further continued

"Well, I think she is more than just involved. You both are always the spotlight of every show. I started to presume that maybe there's something hidden. A secret, perhaps?"

My fists were clenched so hard that my knuckles turned white. James wanted me to sign his death certificate. Victor had a vicious glint in his eyes before he asked

"Tell me, Aaron. Is there something we should be concerned off? Sometimes I wonder that how the hell she is that successful?"

"What do you mean by that?"

I couldn't help but ask. Victor only passed me a sick smile before speaking in hushed voice like he's telling me a secret

"Perhaps, an affair. You know it can't be possible for a woman like her to reach such heights in a business world like us. I wonder if there's someone whose giving her those titles. Perhaps a rival maybe?"

I kept listening to his nonsense with a calm expression on my face. When he finally shut up, I looked up at him and passed him a small smile before I open my mouth

"You know what, Victor. I think I know why she's successful."

He leaned on the chair like a greedy animal he is.

"Because there are some insolent piece of garbages like you in this world who instead of focusing on their own affairs, poke their noses in others. It's not a surprise if she's surpassing you all. She's not someone who you can degrade with your rude behavior. She knew how to fight for herself. Maybe, you should take classes from her. Your company might flourish."

I stood up from my place. Victor looked like he was holding coal in his mouth. I smirked in his direction before speaking

"And by all means, withdraw if you want, I certainly don't want arrogant pricks like you to associate with my company."

I didn't wait for his response and left the restaurant. I walked straight to my car and slammed the door shut before speeding away from that forsaken place.

~~~

Donna instantly reached me when I stepped out of the elevator. I raised my brows at her before she stopped. She was breathing heavily and finally muttered when she was able to breath properly

"Ms. Anastasia is here."

My eyebrows furrowed even further. What the hell is she doing here? I hope it's not some weird proposal again. I can't bear anymore loss than already it is. I nodded my head before she informed

"She's waiting in your cabin. I told her to wait in the waiting area but she didn't listen to me."

"Leave it. She won't listen to you ever."

I walked straight towards my cabin. I stopped at the door before I take a deep breath. As I opened the door and entered inside, I saw her sitting on the couch in the left corner. She fiery red hairs were sleek open and rested skillfully on her back. Her beige colored pantsuit made her look regal yet stylish. Her legs were crossed and her black heels were shiny.