Chapter 68: Storm's End

Start from the beginning

"Alright, Shigure, just watch what your older sister can do." (Shiratsuyu)

"I'm counting on you, Shiratsuyu." (Shigure)

"Battleships? Leave them to me!" (Prinz Eugen)

The planes made short work of the first wave of Siren ships, only for another horde to appear and make a beeline towards the strike fleet. The fleet dealt with wave after wave of mass-produced Sirens. Christ! How do they keep spawning?!

"These damn mass-produced piles of junk just keep coming... Bring it on! I'll take you all down if I have to!" (RA Zuikaku)

"I'm picking up an unidentified entity on my radar. It's coming closer!" (Ooyodo)

A girl sporting long black hair tied in a ponytail, and orange eyes came into view. Her outfit consists of a white serafuku top which only covers the upper portion of her body , a black scarf, a red obi, dark-blue baggy ninja pants with an open crotch to leg area, a chest-less leotard, knee boots with a rudder accessory, and fingerless black elbow gloves. I guess she is going for a kunoichi motif. The main attraction of this weird girl has got to be the skull mask that covers her right eye.

Attached to her hip is a single hull piece that contains a 12.7cm twin mount Type B gun and a 61 cm triple torpedo launcher. She is carrying a second 12.7cm twin gun mount on her right hand like a handgun while holding a torpedo like a kunai on her left. Yuudachi would definitely be good friends with her. She also has a searchlight attached to an armband on her left arm.

"Is that you, Akatsuki?! Good timing!" (RA Zuikaku)

That's their version of Akatsuki?

"A friendly?" (Ooyodo)

"Yeah. Akatsuki, I was worried about you ever since we got separated in the storm, but I'm glad to see you're okay! Help me finish off these mindless drones so we can talk!" (RA Zuikaku)

"..." (RA Akatsuki)

"Akatsuki?" (RA Zuikaku)

"MISSION... DESTROY..." (RA Akatsuki)

Shit. She isn't a friendly!

"Guys, evade!"

Staring at the fleet with a lifeless expression, the kunoichi Akatsuki aimed her guns at the fleet and started firing. Her shots mostly missed, save for a few balls of energy that skimmed past our bubbly heavy cruiser and her cannons.

"Hyaah!" (Prinz Eugen)

"Prinz, you alright?"

Her vitals are still green. In fact all of their vitals are still in the green.

"Yep. I'm fine. Woah. The top of my number 1 gun is red." (Prinz Eugen)

"What the hell?! Watch where you're shooting!" (RA Zuikaku)

The enemy Akatsuki continued unleashing balls of energy at the fleet. Fortunately, none of them hit or did any real damage to my girls.

"Hey, friendly fire! We not enemies! ...Don't tell me you're..." (RA Akatsuki)

"MISSION... EXTERMINATE..." (RA Akatsuki)

"How is she talking like that? Is she a robot?" (Shiratsuyu)

"Son of a... They've made a Pawn out of Akatsuki... It seems I was too late... Don't worry! I'll free you from this curse!" (RA Zuikaku)

Zuikaku slammed the tip of her flight deck with the kashira of her sword. Three red phantasmal aircraft appeared on top of it, before solidifying into Tenzen bombers.

"All carrier-based aircraft, take off!" (RA Zuikaku)

The Tenzen bombers take flight and flew towards the enemy Akatsuki