"Well, aren't you fancy? Tell him that it's immigrants like them that make Americans like you look bad. If it was up to me, we'd send them all back by catapult." Ember's eyes widened at the words of her T.O. She coughed then leaned closer to the men in the truck.

"Dijo que probablemente deberia evitar tocar la bocina a la policia cuando su camion infringe la mayoria de los codigos de vehiculos estatales. (He said you should probably avoid honking at the police when your truck is in violation of most state vehicle codes.)"

"Officer Ross, a word?" the two step aside. "Do I strike you as a man who means what he says?" Bradford asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Do I seem laid-back to you? Wishy-washy in any way?"

"No, sir."

"En ese caso, por que cambiarias las palabras que salen de mi boca?(In that case, why would you change the words that come out of my mouth?)" Ember realized he heard everything she said perfectly. Before she could defend herself, Bradford continued, "Everything is a test, Officer Ross, and you just got another 'F'. I know what you're thinking - was that casual racism a test, too, or just the Spanish? Unfortunately for you, there's no way to know."

Bradford jumped back into the shop, and Ember rushed to do the same, in fear of her T.O losing his mind again and making her walk. They drove for a while till they were met with a traffic jam. They got out and saw Nolan talking to a man with a bat. It seemed to be working, till the man turned and ran off.

"Go get him, Boot."

Nolan and Ember begin the chase. Nolan takes a shortcut, and Ember continues the same path the man took, finally catching up with him and tackling him, and puts on the cuffs. Ember looked at Nolan, and chuckled to herself. Bradford and Bishop, the former releasing Nolan from the chain.

"Welcome to the arrest."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

John joined his friends in front of the food truck.

"So, how was everyone's morning? Having fun yet?" Jackson pointed to Ember, "Think someone could use a hug."

Ember sneered at the two, "Don't even think about it. I will hurt you."

John was bemused, "Whoa. What's wrong?"

"Her T.O.'s utilizing time-tested practices to intimidate her."

"Plus you did insult him in the morning, so maybe this is punishment." Chen added.

"I'll do some punishment all over your face." Ember muttered.

"That doesn't even make sense."

"You don't make sense!"

Nolan decided to end the cat-fight, "Oh, well, that's their job, right? They've got to get inside our heads, push our buttons, see how we react. It's not personal. Just turn it around and figure out what makes your training officer tick."

Ember deadpanned him, "Thank you, oh wise one. It's not easy."

"Piece of cake."

"Really? Then I guess you already know what your T.O. wants for lunch." She smirked as she saw his face drop and walk back to the truck. As she was about to grab hers and her T.O.'s food, Chen stopped her.

"Seriously though, are you okay?" Ember always appreciated the concern her friend had for her. She nods, "Yeah, nothing I can't handle. And should it get bad, I'm sure Marina has something I could use against him." The two laugh and head to hand the food to their T.O.s. Ember places the hot-dog in front of Bradford.

"You didn't forget the hot sauce, did you, Boot?" Bradford asked all bored. Ember narrowed her eyes at him, as she slowly pulled a bottle from her back pocket.

"Enjoy." Her smile did not match with the malice that was in her voice. Lopez, Bishop and Reed smile at this little interaction.

"Trouble with this year's present?" Reed laughed, remembering Bradford's excitement of Rookie Day.

"I like her." Lopez and Bishop said at the same time. Bradford rolled his eyes. "So much attitude in her. Nothing I can't handle. I'll break her eventually." He said while looking at Ember chatting animatedly with the others.

"I don't know, you might have just found your catalyst." Reed said before digging into this meal. Bishop gets a dispatch and she leaves the three.

"My what?"

"Catalyst. In this case, she'll challenge you in such a way, it's probably going to change you in a drastic way. Remind me to thank Chen for the platter. I was skeptical, but I would die for this dip." Reed explained nonchalantly.

"You're joking, right?"

"I'm serious, here taste it." Reed holds up the dip to Bradford, who swats it away.

"I'm not talking about the dip, I'm talking about Ross being my catalyst."

"Why's it bothering you Bradford? It's not like she's trying to get under your skin, or is she already under?" Lopez jested.

"I don't have to listen to either one of you. I'm off. Let's go, Boot." He points at the two, and yells the last part to his rookie.

Ember sighs, looking at her unfinished burrito. She waved to her friends and headed towards her shop.

"Wanna bet she'll curse out her T.O. before the end of shift?" Jackson asked.

"She's already cursed him out in the morning, I highly doubt she'll risk doing it again."

"I'll buy you lunch tomorrow if you win, vice versa."

"Deal."