Chapter VI - Mercy

Comincia dall'inizio

When the two are now waiting at the front of the Gojo Estate, still within the veil, (Y/n) reminds Satoru, "Even though I can't protect you for every minute that this invasion will go on for, try to stay close to me, okay Satoru-kun? I'll do whatever I can to help you when you need it. -- You still haven't gotten accustomed to Infinity, right?"

Satoru blushes in embarrassment, averting eye contact from his mentor as he sheepishly scratches the corner of his chin, "It's not that bad; at most I can use it for an hour. That's all the time I'll need to beat up all those bad guys."

(Y/n) deadpans at the little boy's stubbornness, "Is that so?" She sighs out of disapproval, "So what, it works like an HP bar that you'd see in video games?"

Satoru's blush turns into a darker shade of red, refusing to spare a look at her, "I did the best I could, given our circumstance, didn't I?!"

"Yeah, that's true." (Y/n) admits, "If we had a year, you would've developed Infinity as something that would've been used 24/7. Probably." 

"Like I said, I tried my best!" Satoru reinforces with a scowl, "I'm not even supposed to be here, right?! Be grateful that stayed regardless!"

"You're here because I insisted to your parents that it was the best action to take." (Y/n) corrects him, "We don't plan on killing any of the bounty hunters, unless necessary, but rather have then retreat and spread word about you; if you show off a little, on how you've already developed significantly, there won't be much of a threat of any other bounty hunters that are targeting you. Therefore, you can continue living your life here, as well as your training with me."

"But you always tell me to not show off my cursed technique." Satoru brings up, "That it shouldn't matter if it's a non-sorcerer or a sorcerer."

(Y/n) reacts to this reminder with a sheepish smile, "Well...yeah, I did, but this is kind of different. You gotta prove you're strong. So that you can protect yourself. As well as your family. And these bounty-hunters want to kill you, so that kind of gives you a good reason to fight in the first place."

"Really?"

"Yeah." (Y/n) doesn't wish to discuss about any philosophies that would correlate to this discussion, but for the sake of her student, she attempts to narrow down the main aspects of the topic, "It's not wrong to protect yourself. Not at all. You don't exactly need a reason, so...it's definitely okay to go all out in this fight. Just don't kill anyone, okay? You're still little, so you shouldn't even be doing stuff like that. Okay?"

Satoru nods in agreement, his eyes returning to (Y/n) not long after this topic was brought up, "Okay!" He stares at her for a few seconds, initially hesitant to then ask her, "Have you...ever killed someone, (L/n)-san?"

(Y/n) had hoped that the discussion would end after such an obligation, replying back rather awkwardly, "No..."

"Really?" Satoru quirks up an eyebrow, "But, you've been a jujutsu sorcerer for a while now. You've never killed bad guys? What if you have to? Would you do it then?"

"It really is hard to believe that you're five years old sometimes..." (Y/n) scowls, displeased by Satoru's curiosity and persistence.

"I'm turning six in a couple of months for your information!"

"I'm well aware." (Y/n) rolls her eyes, doing the best she could in elaborating her thoughts on herself committing murder in general, "How do I explain this...it's like..." She comes up with a composed sentence that explained her feelings, on the spot, "I just think that, if I do kill someone, it would become...a habit in some way, for be to do more often; to the point where I wouldn't even feel empathy for people. The thought of it kind of frightens me; and I say this because I've witnessed a murder myself, I think when I was around your age, too. And that memory just kind of...stuck with me. -- I mean, I do joke about doing it, but that's only to taunt my opponents, and perhaps even catch them off guard; but I've really never felt any bloodlust of any kind, to be honest."