XLII.

Chapter Forty Two.

February.

"Alrighty, Ms. Kirkland, do me a favor and lay back." The ultrasound technician spoke to Kitana. She got up on the examination table and did as told, Justice standing right on the side of her.

Today was her monthly check up appointment, which was just to see how the baby was progressing so far and to discuss any questions or concerns she may have had. Justice was overly elated to be in attendance, being that he'd missed the last one due to everything that was going on regarding Jace.

"Now, lift your shirt up. I'm going to apply this jelly to your stomach, which may be a little cold so bare with me."

Kitana lifted up her shirt, letting it rest right underneath the lining of her bra. The technician then squeezed the clear gel-like substance on her skin, before grabbing the wand-better known as a transducer, and placing it gently on her belly.

Jumping slightly at the sensation, Kitana watched as the woman moved the transducer around. Seconds later, the sonogram popped up on the screen and the heartbeat of the fetus could be heard throughout the room.

"You hear that? That's one strong and healthy heartbeat." The tech spoke, earning wide smiles from both Justice and Kitana.

Reaching over, Justice grabbed his girlfriend's hand and gave it a squeeze, before intertwining their fingers.

"Aw, look at my baby's little feetsie-weetsies." Tana cooed, pointing to the screen. She then traced her finger along the outline of what looked to be the baby's feet and toes.

They both stared at the image of the unborn child, whom was slightly curled into a ball in the womb.

"Lil' folks got my ears and shit." Justice spoke, earning a laugh from both the tech and Kitana.

"Would you like to know the gender?" The woman inquired excitedly, looking at the expecting parents with a smile.

They looked at each other, before looking back at her.

"No." The couple spoke in unison while shaking their heads. Since they planned on having a gender reveal party, they wanted to be just as surprised as everyone else.

"You sure?"

"Yes. Can we have the ultrasound report, though?" Tana asked as the woman wiped off her stomach with a paper towel and cleaned up the small mess on the metal tray that was nearby.

"Of course! I'll let Dr.Hernandez know. Sit tight and she'll be coming back in shortly. It was great meeting you, mom and dad." The woman waved.

"You too." They both waved back, watching as she exited the room.

Tana's OBGYN came in about ten minutes later to finish off the appointment and give her the report, along with writing her a prescription for something to help with the terrible heartburn she'd been experiencing.

Once that was over, both Justice and Kitana rode the elevator down to the first floor and exited the large building that held the doctor's office.

"Thank you for coming today, baby." Kitana spoke as they held hands and walked to Justice's vehicle.

"Aw yeah, you know I wasn't gone miss out on it." He replied as she grinned.

"Can we go get some food now? Me and little Pikachu are starving."

"You and who?" Justice frowned, earning a laugh from her.

"Pikachu, that's the nickname I picked out for the baby." She further elaborated.