𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧

"It's been past a moon and still we are no closer to finding her!"

Tyrion slammed a fist down on the table, as the rest of the small council observed in silence. Jaehaera's disappearance from the North came as a shock to everyone, but Tyrion was ashamed, and Bran could see it. Bran himself had searched for Jaehaera but she had all but vanished into thin air, leaving Bran confounded and unsure of where or how to look for her. He also was no longer able to locate Danaerys, and spies reported that she no longer was in Mereen. Bran and Tyrion had only arrived back in King's Landing the day prior. Jojen had confined himself to his chambers and wasn't eating. Jon had decided to return to King's Landing as well, to aid Tyrion and Bran. He stood off to the side of the small council, his back turned to them as he stared out the window. Bran could tell that he was still listening, though.

"We'll look for her," he said finally. Tyrion sat back down slowly. He'd been angry day and night since Jaehaera disappeared. Sansa had men searching the entire North for her, but Bran knew it wouldn't be enough to console Tyrion. "Jon will find her."

Jon turned back to the table, listening for Bran's instruction. Jon had given little indication to his thoughts throughout the entire journey back south. He'd ridden with Bran, and they'd spoken. Jon kept his distance for good reason, but he wouldn't let the girl be hurt. He was a warrior, seasoned with years of battling and fighting. He'd traveled all over Westeros, and now he'd travel across the world.

Jojen, who had been sitting to Bran's right, burst in. "I will be going as well."

Bran knew he would want to. That was why he let Jojen sit in on this small council. Of course, it was important for the crown prince to hear these meetings and understand how to rule, but Jojen wasn't interested in that at this moment and Bran had no quarrel. So he nodded, and Jojen sat back down, seemingly surprised at his father's ease. Jon glanced at him coolly, before turning his eyes to Bran. Arya, who had been slinking in the shadows like a cat, came forward as well. "I know Essos better than anyone else here."

"Yes," Bran said. "You do."

Jon, Jojen, and Arya looked amongst themselves for a moment. Finally Arya announced, "I will gather my men and prepare to set sail for Astapor."

"Then this is goodbye," Bran responded. "May the Gods lead your hand and keep you safe in your travels. You do the crown, and Lord Tyrion, a great service."

Arya nodded. "I will keep my brothers' children safe; I swear it."

"Jojen, my son," Bran called to him. "I will watch over you. I will watch over you all."

Brienne of Tarth stepped forward from her post at the door and unsheathed her sword, laying it at Jojen's feet. "I once used this sword to honor your grandmother's dying wish to protect her daughters. With this sword, I aided in bringing Arya and Sansa stark home to Winterfell. Now I give it to you and bid you do the same for your betrothed."

She looked at Arya. "For your niece, blood of my blood."

Jojen picked up the Sword and admired it. "Valyrian steel."

"Its name is Oathkeeper," Brienne told him. "It was given to me by Lord Tyrion's brother, Ser Jamie Lannister, Gods be with him. May his warrior's hand guide yours."

Lord Tyrion looked up at Brienne, his eyes the faintest shade of pink, and just a bit glassy. It was rare for anyone to speak of his brother, the Kingslayer. Brienne had done what she could to ensure Jamie Lannister left behind a legacy, nonetheless, and Bran could see the gratitude in his eyes. Brienne did it out of love for Jamie, but it was a gesture Tyrion appreciated. Now Jamie's chapter in the Book of Brothers would tell the tales that followed him in his short life, for generations to come.