Jon, Tormund, Beric, Jon and Sandor were cornered, fighting in a frenzy. Tormund and Jon knocked into one another, exchanging a glance of desperation. Time slowed for Jon as they prepared to make their last stand.

Suddenly there was a loud screech and a wall of fire, separating them from the undead.

Drogon screeched has he blasted the army before Jon in a ball of fire, with Daenerys riding astride him. Rhaegal and Viserion also blasted the undead, melting the ice and sending the soldiers sinking slowly into the icy depths. Jon, Tormund, Beric, Jorah and Sandor stood, exhausted, watching the dragons destroyed the army in swaths.

Daenerys looks down at Jon, and Drogon landed on the ice. She invited Jon to climb onto Drogon, but wights set upon them before he could, forcing the battle to continue.

Above the frozen lake, a white walker unsheathed an ice spear from his mount, and handed it to the Night King, who strode forward. The brotherhood continued to fight, while trying to climb onto Drogon.

"Jon Snow!" Jorah yelled.

Only Jon remained on the ground, holding back the undead as they advanced.

Meanwhile, the Night King approached Drogon.

Sandor gored the Wight on one of Drogon's spikes. Sandor, Beric and Tormund finally managed take their seats on Drogon's back. Daenerys watched as Jon continued to battle on the ground.

The Night King moved closer and readied his spear. He chose to launch it at the flying Viserion, and it hid its mark, the dragon erupting in flame where the spear has entered. Viserion dove towards the ground, his scream answered by Drogon. Blood pours from Viserion as he crashes into the frozen lake. The ice crumbled, and the dragon's body came to rest in the icy water while Rhaegal flew overhead. With a last gasp, Viserion's head slipped back into the water, pulled by the weight of his sinking body.

Sandor, Beric, Tormund and Jorah watched in horror as the dragon sank. Daenerys was rightfully heart broken.

On the ground, Jon resumes his melee, and locked eyed with the Night King. A white walker retrieved another spear, handing it to the Night King.

"Go! Go now! Leave!" Jon ran back toward Drogon while Daenerys watched. However, he was tackled by some undead, and they disappeared into the waters.

Daenerys hesitated, waiting to see if Jon would surface, but he continued to struggle and lose breath underwater. The Night King strode forward and readied his spear. Seeing this, Daenerys signalled Drogon to take flight. The dragon launched awkwardly because of his passengers.

The Night King took aim at the encumbered dragon and hurled the spear. Drogon's evasive twist dodged the spear, unseating Jorah, who was caught by Sandor.

Daenerys looked back on the battlefield below as they flew away. There was no sign of Jon.

The Night King mounted his horse and the undead army began to mqrch away from the frozen lake.

The hilt of Long Claw laid on the ice by the water. Suddenly, Jon emerged, pulled himself heavily from the icy water. He rested for a moment to gather his strength, and then began to walk away. However, the undead noticed his labored retreat. He fell to his knees, and used his sword to stand and face the army that ran towards him. Unexpectedly, a dark, mounted rider plows through the advancing horde, spinning a flaming blazier that felled the soldiers as he passed. He rode through to Jon and dismounted, dropping his hood, revealing himself to be Benjen Stark.

"Uncle Benjen! How?"

Benjen took hold of his nephew, leading him to the horse and helping him to mount. "You ride for the pass."

"Come with me."

"It's not time. Go!" Benjen slapped the horse, sending it galloping. He ignited his blazier again. The undead army overwhelmed him, and his blazier snuffed out as Jon rode away.

[The Wall, Northern Coast]

Sandor, Beric and Tormund walked to the shore. Sandor was carrying the captured Wight over his shoulder. They reached their boat, and Sandor callously dumped the Wight aboard. He turned to face his companions, nodding.

Tormund nodded in response.

"We'll meet again, Clegane." Beric told him.

"Fucking hope not." Sandor walked away as Drogon screeched overhead.

[Top of the The Wall]

Daenerys and Jorah stood in a watch tower as Drogon flew by.

"It's time to go, Your Grace."

"A bit longer."

Part of her was tempted to leave. She had gotten who she had come for. Jorah. But, if she did, she knew, she would nevr secure the support of the North.

Resigned, Daenerys turned to go, before a horn blared in the distance.

"Rider approaching!" One of the men shouted.

Daenerys and Jorah turn back to look over the edge

"Rider approaching!"

Then the sound of the gate opening. Below, a single exhausted rider approached, doubled over on his horse. It was Jon Snow. Daenerys sighed in relief.

[Ship interior, by the wall]

Jon was being tended by Davos, who undressed him with help from the crew. Daenerys watched as his ravaged torso was revealed.

Unfortunately for them, what they didn't realize was, the Night King had found a way to use her loss to his gain.

[The Frozen Lake]

The undead army laboured together, dragging massive chains. Viserion's head broke through the ice and the army continued to pull, until he was on the surface. The Night King approached the dragon corpse, touching the dragon's snout, and Viserion's eye opened quickly, blue like a white walker.