~Chapter 1

My name is Silas Gray. I'm 27, and from a small town in Minnesota, USA. But who's to say I enjoy living here? I don't. That's why I'm moving away. I just want somewhere....quieter. Away from the hustle and drama of my town. So I'm moving to England. A little underwhelming, I know, but it's better.

Saying my flight was boring is an understatement. It was about 14 hours with transfers, and for the second flight I was stuck next to this woman who's baby would not stop crying. I ran out music to listen to, and then my phone died. 2 hours of staring out of a plane window may seem 'fun' for some people, but when you have the energy of a 3 year old that just discovered sugar, it's a little more than tedious.

When the final flight finally landed, it must've been 7am. The massive time difference here took it's toll, the jet lag hitting hard. It was about an hour drive to my new home, and when I got there, I was stunned. Hell, it looked more beautiful in person than it did online. It was relatively secluded, and there was a captivating view of the forest from both the front and back of the house. The only downside? I was alone. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to share the silence with someone else, but I wasn't really one for company. After not even 10 minutes of being in the house, I had fallen asleep on the couch. After all, sleep was first on my schedule. Everything here seemed perfectly normal.

Until my mind slipped into a state of dream.

That was when things got strange.

Really strange...

--------------------------

Author here, sorry for the short chapter, but I guess it's a nice introduction to the story.

Have a good day/night.

-UrLocalSilas

Worship...