cant see the shore without you 2

Poppy finally opens up to Marlon about her stress, and why she hasn't been herself when Bodhi gets hurt surfing.

"Manu is driving me."
Poppy said to the speaker on her phone. Bodhi on the other end of the line.
"You haven't got your permit yet?"

Poppy sighed as she fixed her hair in the Mirror, tying it back.
"Not yet, I failed the test." Poppy sighed again.

"Hey, no judgment here." Her friend said reluctantly.

"I don't fail tests ." Poppy pressed her lips tight , and once she was satisfied with her hair, she grabbed her phone and shut her drawer before walking out her bedroom door.

Bodhi knew how hard she worked for grades, comps and challenges.
"Poppy, you've been working yourself hard, maybe take some stuff off of your plate."

"Cant do." Poppy muttered.
"Hey listen, Imma grab breakfast, I'll call you when we are on the road."

"Alright, I'll see-" poppy hung up before Bodhi could finish her sentence.

Poppy had gotten there it looks like just in time. The wind was perfect. The sun was out, just a few clouds above.

The waves looked promising.
She joined Bodhi where she was sitting on her board and texting on her phone.
"Hey."
Bodhi jumped slightly.

"You almost scared me."
She turned to her friend,

Poppy shook her head.
"You're scared of everything." She said in a jokingly judging way.

Bodhi rolled her eyes.
Poppy put her arm bent at her bent.

"Shall we hit the waves now." Gleefully she smiled before Bodhi got up to join her, and they both raced to the shore.

It took 5 minutes for Poppy to drag Bodhi to the shore. She used all the strength she had left and more. She had Bodhi in the car and Manu was rushing to the hospital.

"Please wake up, Bodhi." Please." She pleaded to her unconscious friend.

"I can't lose you too."

15 minutes ago

Bodhi fell fast as she crashed through the waves, her board shooting up into the air.

Poppy reacted fast and quickly swam over to Bodhi, or where Bodhi just was.

She tried keeping calm as she searched for her friend. "Bodhi!" "BODHI!"

Poppy's breathing turned from calm to hyperventilating fast.

She dove under a few times, catching her breath above the water every time.
She wouldn't give up. Not for her. Not for anyone. Especially not for poppy though.

She tried to control her breathing

I cant lose you
Bodhi please

The thoughts swam through her head.

Poppy's frustration turned to tears and then heavy breathing again.

She stopped moving when she spotted Bodhi.
Her arm luckily was wrapped around something that she couldn't clearly see.

Once poppy used all of her strength to hoist her friend on her own board, she padded back with her arm draped over Bodhi.

"MANU."
She yelled her older brothers name as she made it to the sand.

Manu came rushing.

"I can't tell if she's breathing or not."

Manu told Poppy they needed to get her to a hospital quick.....she had no pulse.