Chapter Fifty-Seven

Zacznij od początku

He's flawless – almost like I drew a picture of the perfect physical specimen, and he somehow became real.

"Babe...hello?" he asks, ending my ogling.

"What? Oh...uh, nothing." My voice is hoarse and thick with desire. "I just texted my mom to say goodnight and she sent back an eggplant and a raincoat emoji."

He crosses the bedroom and checks the lock on the French doors that lead out to the balcony before he pulls the curtains closed.

"I don't get it."

I laugh and set my phone down on the nightstand next to me. "Think about it. An eggplant. A raincoat." He stands at the end of the bed and gawks at me, confusion etched on his face. "Geez. Can you keep up, please? A penis and a condom. It's her way of telling us to use protection."

"Oh really?" A playful smirk lifts the corner of his mouth and he arches an eyebrow. "So, your mom knows how irresistible you find me?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself, Fabio," I tease. "I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that you announced to me in my kitchen, while my mother was in the same room might I add, that you couldn't wait to get me naked."

Cool air seeps under the sheets as he lifts the comforter and lays down next to me. The scent of his body wash invades my senses – warm and woody, with notes of eucalyptus and orange. It's a smell I can live with for the rest of my life, and one I'm becoming accustomed to.

"Well, baby..." He tucks his pillow under his head and turns toward me. "I guess the cat's outta the bag."

I move his hair off his forehead with the tip of my finger. "Guess so."

He lifts his head and rests it on his hand. "Did you notice I made room for you in the closet?"

"You did?"

"I did. I also cleared out a couple of drawers for you."

"That was very sweet," I say. Sliding down my pillow until I'm flat on my back, I roll onto my side so I'm facing him and wrap my hand around the back of his neck, brushing the tip of my nose against his before I press my lips to his in a hungry but fleeting kiss. "But if you think half of your closet and a couple of drawers are going to be enough, you've severely underestimated the size of my wardrobe."

"Is that so?"

"Definitely. I may need you to build me an entire walk-in closet."

"I can do that." He tucks my hair behind my ear. "The house has plenty of rooms. I can turn one of them into a closet, with a long clothing rack and wall-to-wall shelves for your massive shoe collection."

My Sex and the City obsessed, fashion-loving heart practically bursts with excitement.

"Like Big did for Carrie?" I ask.

"I have no idea what that means, or who Big and Carrie are, but sure. Baby wants, baby gets. And speaking of baby gets..." He leans over his side of the bed, and when he comes back, he has a gift bag in his hands. "For you."

"What is it?"

"You're gonna have to open it to find out."

I sit up and enthusiastically take the bag from his hands, and when I tear through the tissue paper and pull out what's inside, a happy, appreciative smile spreads across my face. Inside is a black with white writing, Calvin Klein bra and panty set. It matches the pair of boxer briefs he's wearing.

"Now we match," he says, excitedly.

"This is awesome, Grey. I love it." I cup his chin in my hand and pull him in for another kiss. "Thank you."