chapter one : what?

-PRESENT-

" Lucy? could you try to text Qayle? She's supposed to be here by 6

" Lucy? could you try to text Qayle? She's supposed to be here by 6.35pm, now its 7pm! " I asked. We are having a photoshoot for Dior because apparently they wanted us as their models so here we are, in the photoshoot room.

" Right, I will text her. Just sit down Kika, stop panicking. Drink some water " respond Lucy with a sigh. I sat down and drank some cooling water.

Qayle is always late to the photoshoot but she's never this late. She would always be five minutes or at least seven minutes late but it's already what 30 minutes !? What's up with her nowdays.

" Kika, Qayle says she's unable to make it. Her mother is technically sick and her father hasn't been home since three days ago, " says Lucy.

What?

" But didn't she promised us ? She would have a photoshoot with Dior. She couldn't just decline the deal just like that? " I asked.

" I know right but don't you know, she's been having family issues nowdays? its saddening but I know for a fact, Qayle is trying everything she can right now to support her family " Lucy says with a frown.

I totally feel bad for Qayle. She has never been in this kind of situation before so I guess she's trying to do everything she can.

Her father is a alcoholic since last year because he has been gambling and he's in much much debt. As for Qayle's mother, she's sick. Unknown caused. But I'm praying everything will be fine for Qayle.

Lucy then make the first move. She got up and went to inform our manager about it. I then went to the toilet to touch up my makeup and hair, give it a little spray and then im ready for the photoshoot.

-AFTER THE PHOTOSHOOT-

" Hey Kika, wanna watch a movie with me and my fiance? " ask Lucy.

" So you're telling me, im gonna thirdwheel you guys? " I respond with a laugh.

" We just recently got engaged and you know, I like to invite people to come and watch a movie with us. So why not I invite you? " She says.

" What movie is it? " I asked.

" Oh the new popular movie! It's called the Nun 2! Everyone says its better than the first one and me and Erik wanted to check it out. Don't worry, I will treat you this time " she says with a smile.

I accepted the offer and playfully smacks her bicep.

-PRESENT-