𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗧𝘄𝗼

"Hello, sir? You are expecting me.." Y/N said as the first thing, or rather, someone that she saw was Lionel himself.

Him just standing there and looking out by his large, glass window as he turned back to see his newest hiree. Immediately straightening his tie as he walked up towards her to fully greet her.

"Aha, yes, you are Y/N, I have been expecting you indeed, " He says as he politely took her hand, giving a light peck.

"Indeed you were, sir." Y/N said, feeling rather flustered at him being a bit of a gentleman.

"Mhhm, yes. Please, take a seat, Y/N. We have quite a few to go through."

Y/N sat down like he said, waiting for the next thing he might say or ask her to do.

Lionel eventually sat down by his desk, eyeing Y/N before taking a sip of his coffee and then asking her, clearing his throat,

"So, Y/N, perhaps you know the exact reason why you're here? You did send a job application here at Shabandar Media asking for a position here at my company."

"Why yes, I'm here to merely be an employee of yours here to work for however long it may be. That is all I am asking for. " Y/N told him.

Lionel gave an understanding look and nod,

"Yes, that is understandable coming from you, L/N, yes. However,"

Y/N looked up at him, quirking her eyebrow lightly.

"- I was considering hiring you as merely my assistant, nothing more, nothing less."

' That wasn't a part of the meeting.. was it? He didn't say anything about being his right-hand woman, did he? I didn't agree nor did I hear about this.. ' Y/N's mind went loaded up with questions and words she wished she could let out.

For sure he didn't say anything about being an assistant for him, although, perhaps being an assistant, helping him with whatever tasks he may ask her to do shouldn't be too hard compared to being someone who merely works for him.

Not work with.

Lionel cleared his throat before calling Y/N's attention, startling her a bit.

"Miss L/N, is there anything wrong? Surely you heard me loud and clear."

Y/N stammered with her words before she could fully speak,

"Oh, me? No, sir, not at all. It's just that I wasn't expecting that from you. I mean, I merely wanted to work here for you and not with."

"Not that I don't want to, sir. Being an assistant would be a start for sure, it's just that I didn't initially want to. "

Lionel, being uncharacteristically reasonable gave a nod and stood up from his seat.

"Huh, I see, understandable, L/N. Not that it's such a big deal. And, please, do call me Lionel. " He said as he came around her, making her feel all chilly as he said his name.

"There is still time for you to finalize your decision, dear. It's either you want to be by my side here or you could work for me, and yes, my company will pay you if you were wondering." He looked by his window again, eyeing the streets of London.

Y/N let her thoughts take over her once again, employee or assistant. She knew how difficult it would be for sure, waking up and possibly working  from nine to five. And him calling her 'dear'..

She didn't want to upset her boss, sensing he might see her as incompetent or not worthy of any of the company's positions.

But eventually, she sighed and cleared her throat and made herself confident and fully deciding.