Chapter four

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spells!"

"~Parseltongue~"

writing

timeskip/location change

(A.N.:Memaking notes because I can)

ChapterFour

July 18th1996, London, No. 12 Grimmauld place front yard

"If I getmy hands on this 'Co-Lord'...", the rest of the sentence was lostto Rockknock as the door to his office slammed shut.

Harry stoodin of the looming presence of number twelve Grimmauld place. He'dbeen standing there for almost twenty minutes now. Afraid to enter,because he knew that Sirius wasn't here anymore. Harry took anotherdeep breath and wiped his tears away. Standing here wouldn't change a thing.

'Here Igo' Harry thought as he stepped up to the door, gently pushing itopen. Nobody had bothered to lock it as the fidelius charm was in place, making it impossible for uninvited people to enter. 

When Harry stepped inside the house, he was suddenly aware ofeverything, the eleven people in the kitchen, Kreacher in thesecond-floor study, the dark object's said house elf had stashed awayin the basement and every single nook and cranny in the entire house.In fact Harry could tell that there were multiple secret passageseven a hidden staircase! Harry shivered as the magic washed over him.

'This mustbe the magic of the Lord... Did Sirius feel this too?', he thought, but did not receive an answer. Harry felt sad all over again, the thought of his godfather made his heart ache. But instead of allowing the feelings to swallow him, he pushed them aside as good as he could and tried to concentrate on themagic like Amicus told him to. Shifting mentally through the building.There! Right above the fourth floor was the attic, Harry'sdestination.

He, andprobably everyone else, didn't even know this place had an atticbefore Griphook showed him the lay-outs for the house and told himabout the private rooms for the Lord, that no one could enter withoutthe Lords permission. Amicus had suggested living there until theysorted themselves out. Magic and all. Plus, out of the townhousesGrimmauld was the one with the shortest way to Diagon alley and asHarry had yet to learn apparation it was crucial to have short way to the alley.

Harry hadhappily agreed, he still felt weird with his magic flying aroundfreely. In fact he came up with the thought that, atleast to magic sensitive people, he was like a flashing lighthouse in a dark room. The thought made him shiver, he hated drawing attention like that. This particular side effect of his liberation was in Harrys mind absolutely terrible. 

Another thing that he agreed with Amicus on was that somethings inHarry's life up until now had been fishy at best, near death experience at worst. And they should probably dosome research on the workings of Harrys life before approaching the others. The others in this case being Order members and to some extend his best friends. And even though Harry had been conflicted about not going to Grimmauld place to meet up with his friends but rather to hide away under their noses, he could kind of understand Amicus' resoning on the matter. He was not supposed to be here and deep down he feared their reactions to his new self.

Harry snappedout of his pondering when he heard chairs scarp over the floor in the kitchen andfootsteps coming closer to the door.

'Shit',Harry thought and hurried up the stairs, happy that he listened toAmicus and shrunk his trunk down. With Hedwig's empty cage under hisarm, and his trunk in a pocket of his hand-me-down pants he raced upthe stairs as silently as he could. Luckily the portrait of Mrs Black didn't start to scream when he walked past. Nobody seemed to followhim, but just to be sure he didn't slow down until he reached thefourth floor. Panting he reached up to the wall next to the stairs.Quickly he recalled the password for the attic.