four | a year of firsts

Start from the beginning

"Seems he already has the Addams charm." Bianca commented, a knowing smirk playing on her lips.

Wednesday quirked her eyebrow, which Bianca noticed. She scoffed, "Oh don't play dumb Addams, we've all seen how you charmed Enid over the years."

"Like mother, like son." The Raven replied.

Wednesday wanted to ask how Bianca was doing, but she was bad at those conversations. And everyone knew the woman was struggling. Bella's father was hardly in the picture, and Bianca wanted nothing to do with him.

"I got a job offer." Bianca announced to the Raven. "But it's in California...I don't know what to do."' She admits.

"Why not?" Wednesday asks curiously.

Bianca stayed silent, not knowing how to reply. "Well everything is here." She started, "I haven't been away from here since before Nevermore, I guess I'm just scared." She admitted.

Wednesday listened to the Siren's words carefully. "Maybe a fresh start would be good for you and Bella." She suggested. "You should follow your heart, is what Enid would say."

Bianca chuckled. Wednesday stared at her curiously.

"You've gone soft Addams. I can't believe I just asked you for advise."

"Well, there's a first for everything."

___

Once the party ended, the last of the guests had said their goodbyes. The twins were worn out from their day of festivities and were already tucked into bed.

Enid and Wednesday stayed downstairs chatting with their friends who decided to stay a bit longer. Eugene and Sophie were seated on the couch next to Yoko and Divina. Ajax sat on the floor next to Thing. They were only missing Bianca, who had to leave because Bella was sleepy.

Now Wednesday found herself sitting in the living room with her friends, about to publish her new novel. After months in the making, it was finally time to release it to the world.

With a deep breath, she pressed the publish button. She felt a sense of completion. Enid watched as Wednesday did it. She squealed when she saw it was published. Enid went up to her wife and kissed her passionately, she didn't even care that their friends were watching.

All of their friends chanted as they saw it was published.

"So, Wednesday, when's the movie adaptation hitting the screens? I already have the casting in my head." Yoko jokes.

"Oh Enid! You should definitely have Taylor Swift play Loveta." Sophie comments. Eugene looks over at his fiancé,

Eugene raised an eyebrow in confusion, "I thought Taylor Swift was a singer?" He asked.

Divina chimed in, "She was just in a new film!"

"Yea, she's booked and busy!" Ajax adds.

Enid laughs at her friend's antics, "All jokes aside, Taylor would be my first choice to play Loveta."

Wednesday rolls her eyes at the group. "You all realize you're planning a film adaption before the ink is even dry in the pages?"

Yoko shrugs, "Hey I just want to know if I should plan a red carpet outfit."

Everyone laughs at the vampire's joke.

As the night wore on, the group continued to discuss the potential future of "The De La Muerte's," and where it would go. Wednesday was already a famous author, they wouldn't be surprised if something major were to happen, they knew that anything was possible.

A few days later, Enid had arranged a playdate for their twins with Bianca's daughter, Bella. After Wednesday had told her about Dante and Bella's connection, so she had to invite her over. The Addams backyard was the perfect place for the toddlers to play.

As Bianca and Bella stepped into the backyard, Dante noticed Bella from afar. He tapped his sister's arm to draw her attention, he then pointed over to Bianca and Bella. Atlas followed her brother's gaze, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

Bella wobbled over to the twins, with a smile on her face. The three children quickly stated to play with one another. Their giggles and laughter filling the air. Enid, Wednesday, and Bianca stood from afar and watched the scene.

Wednesday had stayed by the kids and watched them as Enid and Bianca went to go chat. They settled down on the nearby lounge chairs.

"So I'm guessing Wednesday told you about what I said at the party." Bianca said.

Enid nodded, and gave the girl a reassuring smile. ''Yea she did, so California, it's nice over there.' She says. "Sounds like a good opportunity."

Bianca sighed, then looked over at the kids. "It is, but I'm scared. It's such a big move, I just don't want to confuse Bella with the move."

"Change is always a little scary, but Bianca you're a wonderful mother. You created such a loving environment for Bella, I'm sure you'll do the same anywhere else." She replies. "Plus you should follow your heart." She smiles.

Bianca smirked at Enid's words, it was the same exact ones Wednesday had said just a few days ago. She took a deep breath, "your right Enid, I can't let fear hold me back. I guess I'm moving to California." She said.

Enid squealed, "This is so exciting, oh my gosh you'll love California!"

As they turned their attention back to the kids, Bianca found herself excited to start the new journey with her daughter. And Enid couldn't be happier for the two of them, even knowing her babies will lose a friend. She's just happy Bianca is finding her happiness.

___
don't worry, bianca and bella will come back in the future. please comment and let me know what you think of this chapter! also would you guys be interested in seeing more of enid and wednesday's relationship? i'm thinking of writing more about them just a little bit before the main focus is on the twins at nevermore.