sully lied to me and nate..honestly i shoulda seen this coming

Start from the beginning

"Thanks, for asking if we're okay." I snapped at him.

"Thanks, Hal." Nate tells me.

"See at least someone is thanking me." I tell him with a wink.

。ₓ ू ₒ ु ˚ ू ₒ ु ₓ。

"Hey, you cold?" Nate asked me as I nodded my head, so he brought the torch he lit with Sam's lighter that surprisingly worked this time.

"T-thanks." I say shivering.

"I see a light. Is that you?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, it's us. We're in some sort of roman antechamber...woah." Nate says as he spotted another door a made of stone with circular patterns and bricks all around to be exact.

"Nate you still got the key?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He says as he inserted it into the hole and turned it, but there was no reaction whatsoever.

"Another puzzle?" I ask as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"It doesn't fit." Nate says.

"Dad!" I shouted walking to where he was on top. "Dad, we're missing something, see if you can find anything up there."

"I can't get this grate up."

"Forget the grate and look."

He moved away from the grate. "I think it's the two keys put together." Dad says as his voice was faint.

"What?" I ask him.

"I said I think it's the two keys put together." He repeated loudly coming back into view.

"Throw your key down!" Me and Nate shout in unison.

"Hey! You two think you're gonna double-cross me?" Dad opposed.

"You want the stupid key or you want the gold? C'mon, this is it. Throw it down." Nate demanded.

"I'm comin' down there for this, you hear me? You ain't gonna play me."

"You'll take forever to get here." I said as I huffed.

"Typical Sully, he'd rather lose the gold than--" Nate says before the key landed beside his feet.

"Finally." Nate says as he picked up Dad's key. "Does that look like a ladder to you?" He asked to which I nodded my head. The keys put together did look like a ladder.

"Okay, ready? Three...two....one..."

He inserted the combined keys, turning them once more. It worked this time. "What are you waiting for?" I say getting impatient, as I kicked the door down.

"What the---"

"What's happening?"

"We found it."

"Is the gold there? Talk to me!" Dad asked getting impatient as I was.

"We're in an old roman storehouse. It's gotta be at least 2000 years old, and there are these giant urns that are like eight feet tall." Nate explained.