Into You Like A Train

"What are we doing here?"

Frida observed the people eating at the few busy tables around them with stealth and scrutiny; a father feeding with french fries his little daughter, a woman having a hot-dog on her own with a white dog patiently waiting beside her, a young couple giggling as they crashed their sodas... it was an ordinary stall on the street near the port. After another thirty minute ride where Benny went over the speed limit but which she certainly enjoyed, he drove back to town. Time flew by his side, but she realized the hour when her stomach growled in protest of hunger, it was then when Benny proposed to go for dinner, and she accepted as long as it was a quiet place where they could enjoy a juicy burger as two normal people. Judging by his choice, he took it very literal.

Benny chuckled beside her. "You said you felt like a burger, this is a good place to get one. Come." He pulled her hand and led her to where a boy with a yellow cap and red apron was taking orders.

"Smells delicious."

"Wait to taste it." He winked at her. "What would you like to eat?"

"Hmm..." Frida read the menu on the top of the burger cart, it'd been a lot since the last time she ate a common burger on the street, years even. "Whatever you order, it's fine to me."

"How does a special burger with double cheese and bacon sound to you?"

"Does it include french fries?"

"Of course."

"Then I'll have one."

Benny smiled widely at her, satisfied with her answer, she wasn't one to worry about calories or clothing size. He ordered their food with their respective sodas, he was told the order would be ready in five minutes. "I'd tell you to choose a seat but it's all taken."

"No problem." She shrugged. He stared at her with intensity and a half smile, as if enjoying an inner joke. Frida nervously fixed a strand behind her ear, altered by his scrutiny. "W-what?"

His lips twisted into a wider, conspiratorial smile, a small dimple formed on his right cheek and Frida considered it adorable. "Nothing." He leaned a bit, ready to steal a kiss but Frida stepped back.

"Hey," she giggled. "Spill."

"Makes me happy to be here with you," he dropped and it almost took her breath away. Those words left her unarmed. Frida bitted her lip and looked down, flushed and with that now usual flutter in the stomach. She didn't reply with words but instead she stepped closer and squeezed his hand, Benny brushed his thumb on the torso of her hand and she confirmed that they didn't need words to communicate.

Ten minutes later they were happily eating their burgers sitting on the sidewalk. Benny insisted they could eat inside his car but Frida refused, saying that the smell of food would permeate the car and would be unpleasant afterwards. So they chose the sidewalk, not far from the burger cart just in case they wanted more. Both were sitting very close to each other, their sodas in the middle creating a wall that both were willing to respect, although it was impossible not to accidentaly touch their hands from time to time when taking the drinks.

It was a quiet zone, so they wouldn't have to worry about prying eyes. They relaxed and shared their food at ease, teasing from time to time.

"What is this?" Benny looked strangely at her face.

"What?" She wiped the corner of her lips with the red napkin, taking for granted she had traces of mayonnaise on the face.

"Here." Benny took a french fry dipped in ketchup and smeared it on the top of her nose, staining her.

"Benny!" She squealed and pushed him while he burst out laughing. "No! What the— nasty!" She tried to clean herself but Benny attacked again. She let out a little yell but managed to dodge him. He wouldn't come out unscathed. Frida took one of her fries and did just as him, leaving ketchup all over his nose and cheek.